Light-O-Rama Forums

Ports 9-16 on Pixie16 Not Mapping Correctly In Sequencer

bigred023

I recently added permanent LED strips around my windows of my home and connected them to my Pixie16. I have now occupied all ports on the right side of the board (1-8) and am adding some of these new strips to the left side of the board. For some reason, when I am trying to map these strips in my home preview in sequencer, they are not matching up to where they are physically plugged into the board. ie. Plugging a strip into port 16 on the board required me to say it was a unit ID of 10 inside of the sequencer for the lights to come on. A second set I plugged into port 15 I could not get to light at all. When I check this in the hardware utility, the strips are testing properly on port 16 and 15. I have checked ports 1-8 and they all seem to be mapped correctly. The problem only arises when I go to the left side of the board. I checked the settings of each props to make sure they match, which they do. I am not sure what is causing this or how it can be fixed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

This should be a good read for you. There is also my Video from the Virtual Christmas Summit on Youtube.

Your unit IDs must match your Preview/ Prop Definition

JR

Edited by dibblejr

In short - your problem is more than likely the lack of understanding the Hexadecimal numbering system. If your unit ID is 01 - your port unit IDs will be 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F and 10

JR

Edited by dibblejr