Light-O-Rama Forums

Added a subsequence and all my other channels disappeared on the channel view window

kneel999

So I had my regular sequence all ready, then I did the "add new" and "Subsequence" and put in the necessary information.

As soon as I do that it adds the subsequence but all my regular channels disappeared and only one archived channel and the subsequence shows up.

If I play the sequence and preview it all the lights are working fine. 

What am I missing? How do I get all my channels to show up again?

Sorry, I am new to the S5 version. This was a simple task in S4

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-08-21 170432.jpg

Edited by kneel999

I don't know, I have never used a subsequence.  I am sure someone will be along shortly to help ya out!   Sorry I can't help!

S5 checks the subsequence and assumes any channels in there will be controlled by it and not the main sequence. So the channels in the main sequence that are also in the subsequence are not shown in the sequence grid. Unlike S4, lighting effects in the subsequence will be reflected in the preview when you play your sequence.

The S4 approach had the problem that it allowed you to have lighting effects on the same channel in both the subsequence and the main sequence and the result was a mess. S5 prevents this from occurring.

Matt

On 8/26/2022 at 10:10 AM, MattBrown said:

lighting effects in the subsequence will be reflected in the preview when you play your sequence.

The subsequence usually uses a different preview, so how does that work? Does it show both previews at the same time?

• 4 weeks later...

I figured out what was causing this glitch.

When I tried making a new sequence that I was going to copy over my old one into just to try something different I got an error message in the Sequence Editor

saying my audio file was not a high enough bitrate so I got another copy of my song with a proper bitrate and it then opened properly after that.