Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request - Grouping

Jimehc

It would be nice to have an Option - To "Hide Group Members" when creating Prop Groups in Preview..

That way when Creating a New Sequence using that Preview - the "Member Props" are already Hidden...

Yes, I am aware you can hide them in Sequencer..

But a Checkbox option would allow this to be a Default Setting

It would also be nice if there was a way to Grid View / Group "Motion Effect Rows" - so as to say Group just the Slender Tree "Star Only" Effects without the "Tree" itself in the view or group

Edited by Jimehc

If I understand what you are asking, you already can.  You can make as many arrangements as you want in Sequencer by creating different views.  My normal view in Sequencer has something line 6 lines - but there are a little over 56,000 channels.

When creating a new sequence, import your previously saved views, switch to whatever view you want.

Would be nice to be able to Group Motion Effects Rows - as a Prop Grouping carries over all the motion effects...

You can not Remove from Grid View the individual "Motion Effects Rows" but you can remove from grid View the whole Prop...

And clearly nobody will be able to explain how to do it, because Currently it can not be done.....

Thus a Feature Request...

It could be done if there was an option to remove the Motion Effect Row from Grid View - without actually deleting the Motion Effect Row..

Edited by Jimehc

I'm still trying to understand what you are asking for.  From your last post, as an example you want to be able to hide motion effects rows 1, 3, & 5, but leave 2, 4, & 6 visible?  Am I understanding that right?  If that is the case, you are right, you can't do that, but what is the use case?  I see that one causing far more support problems that it would solve.

If I'm not understanding the request, can you post screen captures with annotations of what you want?

It could be done if there was an option to remove/hide the Motion Effect Row from a Grid View - without actually deleting the Motion Effect Row..

Edited by Jimehc

I agree that it could be done, but I can see that one causing massive support problems ("where did my sequencing go?", or "Where is that sequencing coming from - nothing showing?") for very little benefit.

Let's see here -

You can hide "Member Props" from within a Group in the sequence - without effecting the Preview or other sequences.. ( So something is written into sequence File)

You can select a prop from within the Sequence and "Add / Delete Motion Effect Row" without effecting the Preview or other sequences.... ( So something is written into sequence File)

You can add other Grid views within the sequence - to just Display certain props or groups without effecting the Preview or other sequences.. ( So something is written into sequence File)

The "Preview" is the Roadmap for the Sequence Layout - any edits to that "Road Map" are recorded withing the Sequence File itself.... ( So something is written into sequence File)

You can Create and Export a "Custom Grid Configuration" for your Preferred Sequencing Gird View to import later in another sequence... ( So something is written into the new sequence File)

So the Motion Effect Rows can be written into the Sequence file , as is the Custom Grid Configuration..

Currently you can not Remove/Hide any motion effect row bundled under a Single Prop in a "Custom Grid View" without effecting the Whole Sequence file..

Seems to me you could Hide (Non Visible)  the ( MotionRowDefault id= ) bundled under a Single Prop in a "Custom Grid View"

Without effecting the whole ( PropClass id= ) by deleting all the ( MotionRowDefault id= ) information....

Most may not "Understand" but a Software Developer will

Edited by Jimehc

That's my point Don.  Of course it's possible, but I see it as a huge support problem.

For the point of Discussion - how so ?

I add grid views all the time, then delete them... It has never changed the "Show All Items" Grid...

It really does not matter, anyway - when you add a Motion Effect to a Group of Props having motion effect rows - all the effect rows in the group do the same thing...

Then when you try to sequence a Single Prop using one of its effect rows - it does not overlay - it kills the Group Effect for that Prop anyway...

Edited by Jimehc