Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Control no longer playing shows

Adz

Running the latest beta (I assume) and yesterday all shows stopped running. The music plays and the scheduler appears to be running but no show is performed by the lights (or in my case fountains). 

The sequencer controls everything just fine as does the test channels function in the control panel.

I’ve checked my license level and the form shows it’s valid up to version 6.6, so I assume that’s not the issue. 

Do I need to downgrade to Version 5 in the meantime? I (maybe wrongfully) assumed the beta would continue working until general release?

Did you try a reboot, not sleep or hibernate but a real power off restart.

The latest and last beta is 6.0.8. The beta is over but should work until release around Sept 1. The beta is now closed and no longer available.  . 

There was a problem with lights stopping in one of the earlier beta's  which was fixed in 6.0.8 I think.

You should be able to downgrade to S5.

Matt Brown said the following.

"Yes, sequence files edited in S6 can be opened in S5. The only caveats are features that are new to S6 -- like the Snowflake shape or the new Dumb RGBW string type. The "Master Dimming Applies" field in Prop Definition is new in S6 too - so if you had some DMX fixtures where you turned that off, then rolled back to S5, then the edits to that field could be lost."