Light-O-Rama Forums

CP not starting on Launch even though box is checked

tlogan

Seems like since I updated to 5.6.8, the CP does not launch at startup, even though I've checked the Launch on Startup option. It worked last year and I noticed this year after firing up the show/sequencing computer and upgrading to 5.6.8 that the CP does not launch after startup. Have I missed something? I haven't found any references after searching around.

I like the option as it is one less step to walk someone through if the computer needs a reboot and I'm not there. And I turn off internet connections and wifi once the shows start so that there won't be any pesky Windows updates.  

I ran 5.6.8 since the day it came out until the first S6 beta was released, and both the show computer (Windows 7) that runs the Christmas show and the server (Windows Server 2019 Essentials) which runs the year round show reboot every Wednesday afternoon.  Never had a problem with LOR starting on either one.  So yes, I suspect you are missing something...

I agree with Jim. I cant ever recall the CP not loading at reboot.  It would sometimes crash on me if I inadvertently started it again when it was already running

In a couple of weeks, S6 will be released. The improvements to Control Panel are considerable. They is no more tray icon just a running program in the taskbar which can also be set to autolaunch. You may just want to wait or perhaps try the usual trouble shooting steps such as a re install etc. 

Thanks guys. Everything LOOKS like it should. Task Manager even showed it running, but it wasn't showing up on the task bar or in the tray. So, I added it to the Startup folder and it works. No big deal in the grand scheme of getting ready for Christmas, but it was one of the little things that bugged the heck out of me.

Guess I've been a programmer for too long. Whenever something changed (a program stopped running, started throwing errors, etc.) and I didn't touch anything, it was like a war. I wasn't going to let it beat ME! You win some, you lose some.....