Light-O-Rama Forums

Importanting Sequences

toddmoon

toddmoon wrote:

The only media file issues that I have to this point are that the system can not calculate the time for the audio song. No matter how long I wait on some songs it will not complete the task and I get an error message. This is not on all files just some. I am using version 11 of microsoft media player I do not know if that makes a difference. It does play the song ok, just when I try and open a new musical sequence the system can not calculate the time on some songs.
Are these .wav files or MP3 files?

These are mp3 files. I have now re ripped all of the songs that I want use. I have only had time to sequence one new song but it seemed to work fine since i re ripped all the songs I want to use.

Mostly I am short on time now. I have the tree for all where I live and I am the engineer for our fire department. I get to drive Santa Clause around town Friday night and then I am the pryo tech for our fire works show as well. After Friday I hope will have more time to develop new sequences.

The "cannot determine song length" files - what happens if you try to play one of them directly in Windows Media Player, rather than LOR?

Could you please send one of them to me?

Thanks.

It plays fine in Windows media player. Seems to be an issue with LOR II.

I will also try and send you a show I developed on another computer and then saved to my flash drive. I copied to my sequence folder and the program would open the file but when I selected play sequence the time line would not move.

I went ahead and started a new sequence using tapper and then opened the orginal file and copied the channels into it. The new sequence worked fine but the saved one would not work for me.

I mean the media file, not the sequence file.

Have you tried running the problematic media file through something like Audacity, saving it to another format (wav or whatever), and seeing if the new version works?