Light-O-Rama Forums

Importanting Sequences

toddmoon

I have some sequences that I down loaded off of these forms that do not work with my new LOR system. How do I need to update/import the files to work with the LOR II software?

Do I just need to open them and save them with a paticular file extension?

You have 2.0.16?

They should be able to be opened in the 2.0.16 sequence eiditor. When you say they don't work what exactly do you mean? A better explanation of "don't work" will help us help you.

Chuck

I open up the sequence editor and hit play. However the lights do not come on while the sequence plays.

If I create a manual sequence then the lights work. I was hoping to use some sequences that had been shared on the forms but I am not having any luck getting them to make the lights flash.

I believe that I have assigned the channels correctly. I have named them and assigned each channel. I will double check to make sure that this has been done correctly.

I believe that I have assigned the channels correctly. I have named them and assigned each channel. I will double check to make sure that this has been done correctly.

I checked the channel assignment and they appear to be right. However I was not having any luck getting the lights to play.

When I click play the show the motion bar does not move across the sequences of the shows I have downloaded. However if I copy and paste them into a new format then they work fine. Not a difficult taks to copy and paste. I have no doubt that one of the parameter is not setup correctly and opening a new file and pasting the sequence appears to take care of it.

I have not tried to load the music and get it to play with the light sequence. I will attempt that today later.

I've had similar problems, not exactly the ones that you are describing, but strange things with the channel names moving around when I reopen the file (really bizarre). I finally just resorted to creating a brand new music file, copying the entire sequence over into my own channel configuration. It sounds like that's what worked for you as well. Alot of headaches went away after that.

This sequence seems to work fine for me.

I notice that the one that doesn't work for you is a musical sequence, while the one that does work for you is an animation sequence. You said earlier that "the motion bar does not move across the sequences of the shows I have downloaded". Does the audio play?

I did not edit the music. I simply copied and pasted the lighting sequence. I am still new to all of this and I only have short periods of time to work on things. Usually late at night when I am not at my sharpest. Sometimes my brain goes to bed anyway.

I still have a few bugs to work out. I was just wondering if it would be easier to use LOR I software on the imported sequences and see if they work ok for me.

I think I know what the problem is. There are two types of sequences, animation and musical sequence. Animation will have a .las extension. Musical sequence will have a .lms sequence.

When you open someone else's musical sequence, you have to do two things with it.

First, you have to associate the sequence with an audio track. So you will have to have the audio track saved somewhere on your computer (default location is in the audio sub-folder of the Light-O-Rama folder in My Documents. To make the association, click on edit, media, then direct the browser to the audio file. This gets a bit tricky when the author of the sequence does not provide the audio track as you will probably have a timing issue.

Second, you will need to go through each channel (either by clicking on the channel name to bring up the properties box or select tools, channel property grid). Then make your name, color and lor assignments.

Once you get this down, you need to learn about exporting and importing configurations. But lets get a working sequence first.

iresq wrote:

I think I know what the problem is. There are two types of sequences, animation and musical sequence. Animation will have a .las extension. Musical sequence will have a .lms sequence.

When you open someone else's musical sequence, you have to do two things with it.

First, you have to associate the sequence with an audio track. So you will have to have the audio track saved somewhere on your computer (default location is in the audio sub-folder of the Light-O-Rama folder in My Documents. To make the association, click on edit, media, then direct the browser to the audio file. This gets a bit tricky when the author of the sequence does not provide the audio track as you will probably have a timing issue.

Second, you will need to go through each channel (either by clicking on the channel name to bring up the properties box or select tools, channel property grid). Then make your name, color and lor assignments.

Once you get this down, you need to learn about exporting and importing configurations. But lets get a working sequence first.

I think you hit the nail on the head!
I was reading through this thread and noticed the same thing...

I thought there was an error screen that came up and told you that the media file was missing though???

The only media file issues that I have to this point are that the system can not calculate the time for the audio song. No matter how long I wait on some songs it will not complete the task and I get an error message. This is not on all files just some. I am using version 11 of microsoft media player I do not know if that makes a difference. It does play the song ok, just when I try and open a new musical sequence the system can not calculate the time on some songs.

I have played with that to some degree but I will have to spend some more time with all of this. My biggest problem is I never have a very large block of time to work on this. I just try here and there when I have a moment.

I am making some progress though. Thanks for your help.