Light-O-Rama Forums

10w Flood light Max cable length

RaiderMochie

a 10W flood draws only .84 Amps  FULL WHITE. Most of the time, you will be drawing less (not full or not white)

I have a couple of doubled up floods (Using the LOR 'Y' cable into the floods) to light a really tall wall, the Y is on a 10' extension (1.6A all white) (The second flood is mounted above the window.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tl4f4VFxZNh83TQw9XV6n3B6sI2zw9xb/view?usp=sharing

Last year, LOR was out of 20' extensions (I had to jump a double garage door and could not have a connector  midway). No problems.  (I now have another CMB24, so I no longer need the jump)

18 hours ago, RaiderMochie said:

Is there a MAXIMUM extension cable length the 10w Flood Light can have?

I'm using HC's 10W RGB Floods and last year {2021}, my longest run was 80' to first #1 flood, and the other 6 daisy-chained 5 feet apart from #1 to #2 and a 5 foot from #2 to #3, then another 10 foot between #3 and #4, and another 5 feet between #4 and #5 and finally another 5 feet between #5 and #6.  So counting all that, from controller to Flood #6 I had 110 feet of extensions consisting of 4-20 foot,4-5 foot and 1-10 foot extender cable.   No issues running them at any color at all.  They were also controlled by an N4-G4 Director, CCCII Controller {1,000K/Enhanced/Aux B}.  Ran flawlessly.

Edited by Orville

21 minutes ago, Orville said:

I'm using HC's 10W RGB Floods and last year {2021}, my longest run was 80' to first #1 flood, and the other 6 daisy-chained 5 feet apart from #1 to #2 and a 5 foot from #2 to #3, then another 10 foot between #3 and #4, and another 5 feet between #4 and #5 and finally another 5 feet between #5 and #6.  So counting all that, from controller to Flood #6 I had 110 feet of extensions consisting of 4-20 foot,4-5 foot and 1-10 foot extender cable.   No issues running them at any color at all.  They were also controlled by an N4-G4 Director, CCCII Controller {1,000K/Enhanced/Aux B}.  Ran flawlessly.

I believe there is a slight difference . HC ones are smart and LOR ones are dumb.

I am really surprised a Pixie2  ran 6 of these due to the small internal power. Was the 2nd port unloaded?