Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report - Deleting or entering text description in preview is taking a minute or more

Sully

Beta Version 6.0.8

Program Used - Sequencer

OS Version - Windows 11 Home Edition 64bit

Hardware Used - Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming mainboard, AMD Ryzen 5950x, EVGA 3080, 32gig ram, nvme ssd drives(nothing overclocked)

Files - None needed, issue happens with or without a sequence, it's within the preview creation or editing(log dir attached)

Description - When creating or editing a preview and adding a prop, the description of the prop when changed takes a very long time to process, backspacing or deleting the factory name(description) takes approximately 30seconds to a minute, then entering a new description takes over a minute to 2 or 3 minutes. Happens in both create and add prop or modify prop under preview. Tried reboot, reinstall, same issue again.

Repeatability - see above, it happens no matter what.

Logs.zip

Unable to duplicate.  I had not noticed this as a problem, but tried it and did not see any speed problem.  I am curious about one part of your statement:

7 hours ago, Sully said:

backspacing or deleting the factory name(description)

Since the default name for a new prop is blank, I am wondering what you are talking about?

Light-O-Rama Control Panel (64-bit)
Version 6.0.8 (BETA)
Copyright 2022 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Pro Edition
Registered to: Jim Walls

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit
Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80GHz
NVIDIA NVS 310

Edited by k6ccc

Creating a new prop by going into Prop Definition, selecting a shape, assigning channels, etc -- I cannot duplicate the issue you describe. If you could be more specific about the steps you take to add a prop, that would be helpful.

There is a problem in version 6.0.8 when you select "Draw String" -- that will be fixed in the next release. So if your issue relates to drawing strings, there is no need to provide additional information.

Thanks,

Matt

No in preview when you select to add a prop, for example add boyosco 24” snowflake, it adds the name, close it by clicking ok then you then open modify and attempt to change the name and it’s like you’re using a 8088 PC, it’s minutes slow, not seconds. It happens consistently also on any prop. I have tried on a Intel machine so it could be a amd only issue?

7 minutes ago, dgrant said:

Did you set up the proper channelization when you added it, before closing it?

Channels don’t matter for testing a new preview,  but yeah I setup a few dmx universes.

Ok, was just thinking it might have gotten confused if no infrastructure was with it when you closed it.

32 minutes ago, Sully said:

No in preview when you select to add a prop, for example add boyosco 24” snowflake, it adds the name, close it by clicking ok then you then open modify and attempt to change the name and it’s like you’re using a 8088 PC, it’s minutes slow, not seconds. It happens consistently also on any prop. I have tried on a Intel machine so it could be a amd only issue?

Have you tried doing that with Windows Task Manager open? Does the CPU usage for the Sequencer jump up after the import or while editing the prop (it shouldn't)? The highest I saw while performing those operations on my PC was 1.2%.

36 minutes ago, Sully said:

No in preview when you select to add a prop, for example add boyosco 24” snowflake, it adds the name, close it by clicking ok then you then open modify and attempt to change the name and it’s like you’re using a 8088 PC, it’s minutes slow, not seconds.

Thanks for the additional detail.  Still unable to duplicate.  Followed your steps exactly, and no delay at all deleting parts of the name.

6 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Have you tried doing that with Windows Task Manager open? Does the CPU usage for the Sequencer jump up after the import or while editing the prop (it shouldn't)? The highest I saw while performing those operations on my PC was 1.2%.

That was one of the first things I checked, cpu and memory use are low.  I can probably pop all my system stats on and do it while recording it all.

I noticed the same problem myself yesterday. beta v 6.0.8 I open a preview select add ...select new prop using built in....

leave at default "window frame" change blank name to "speed" e.g. 

nothing happens many   seconds for typed in character to show up. Same long delay if then trying to delete. 

CPU usage low to zero

Latest find today. It appears that the text shows up only after I move the mouse. 

Very fast PC can provide details if needed 

Repeatable every time. 

• Like 1

Ok here's a video of it happening with systems running. Might take a few minutes until it's a better resolution than 360p 

9 minutes ago, stevehoyt said:

I noticed the same problem myself yesterday. beta v 6.0.8 I open a preview select add ...select new prop using built in....

nothing happens many   seconds for typed in character to show up. Same long delay if then trying to delete. 

CPU usage low to zero

Latest find today. It appears that the text shows up only after I move the mouse. 

Repeatable every time. 

I just tried and you're right moving the mouse makes the text go away and show up...odd for sure. Do we have a bugged mouse? I have a evga x20

OK, I have a computer that exhibits this behavior. I will get it sorted out.

Thanks for providing the bug report and video!

Matt

Glad Matt was able to duplicate it.  I can't duplicate either Sully's or Steve's description of a problem.

40 minutes ago, stevehoyt said:

CPU usage low to zero

Repeatable every time. 

Are you using Windows 11?

8 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Are you using Windows 11?

I know the question was directed as Steve, but I am testing on a Win 10 computer.

Light-O-Rama Control Panel (64-bit)
Version 6.0.8 (BETA)
Copyright 2022 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Pro Edition
Registered to: Jim Walls

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit
Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80GHz
NVIDIA NVS 310