Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request - Ability to lock sequencer volume setting

Brad Stucky

The sequencer always starts up with the same low volume setting.    It would be nice if you could have an adjustable default volume setting on the preview screen so that volume setting is retained from session to session.   If you forget to adjust this when starting a new session, you will know it when opening Superstar to edit.

That would be nice.  SuperStar (where I do almost al of my editing) is far louder than Sequencer.  Either what Brad is suggesting, or change the default setting so that it is at least close to what SuperStar plays.  That way I would not have to constantly adjust the volume...

Even nicer would be to also include an audio override to actually play each audio track at the same level when output to the show player and the outside. S6 has the ability to raise/lower the overall amplitude but its still dependent on the individual audio track for initial volume. Rather than processing each and every audio track through Audacity, do it automatically in LOR for output.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgrant said:

Even nicer would be to also include an audio override to actually play each audio track at the same level when output to the show player and the outside.

I've used MP3Gain to do this for years. Levels out the audio of the songs so they are the same volume.

I currently use Audacity, but frankly, between mp3, wav, wmv files...it would be easier if there was a formal amplitude output that worked on each sequence. Right now I have 60 sequences and some media files were created using Nero. That implication with either a MP4 or WMV input file to Nero, means taking it apart, update the audio portion then put it back together, then re-export. Yes, I've been doing that already anyway. It might be something that LOR isn't allowed to do with source media files but I was only thinking of the output to the LOR system.

• 1 month later...

I use Breakaway Audio Enhancer (paid program) which does real-time audio levelling and more. Using it, I never worry about manually adjusting the audio level in a media file. Well worth the money (about $30) in my opinion.

https://store.claessonedwards.com/product_p/bap-003.htm