Light-O-Rama Forums

Playback file creation after update

PhilMassey

While testing 6.0.8, show player, I found that ALL of my 60 odd sequences were having their playback files created again. Most of these had not been touched since the last tests a few days ago, and no changes to my Preview have been made. Would it be expected that an S6 update would trigger the playback file creation process and if so is it necessary. 

We are working on changes for playback file creation that is not completed yet, but a software update should not trigger the playback files to be created. Do you recall what the player log was listing as a reason?

What I was seeing is for unknown reasons, playback file creation was happening due to either preview having been changed, which is totally understandable. I was also seeing a lot of playback files being created due to them being "Out of Date" for anywhere from minutes, hours or days. That part was not reasonable. Another interesting tidbit was seeing the sequencer change flag on when opening a sequence, for no apparent reason(s). Sure, a change to the preview in some other sequence would trigger this or probably the update to S6 to a higher level, but it still happened when neither of these were involved.

I updated my server before leaving work yesterday and the landscape show did not trigger playback file creation when it started:

2022-07-29 17:19:43    Scheduler    Information    Schedule loaded
2022-07-29 17:20:27    Scheduler    Information    Enable schedule requested
2022-07-29 17:20:27    Player    Information    Year-round_Evening's contents have changed
2022-07-29 17:20:27    Player    Information    Initializing show: L:\Sequences\Year round landscaping\Year-round_Evening.lss
2022-07-29 17:20:28    Player    Information    Registering startup trigger for L:\Sequences\Year round landscaping\Year-round_Evening.lss
2022-07-29 17:20:28    Player    Information    Started show: L:\Sequences\Year round landscaping\Year-round_Evening.lss
2022-07-29 19:56:43    Player    Information    Startup trigger detected
2022-07-29 19:56:43    Player    Information    Starting Startup: L:\Sequences\Year round landscaping\Landscaping startup 2022-02-09.loredit
2022-07-29 19:56:54    Player    Information    Stopping Startup: L:\Sequences\Year round landscaping\Landscaping startup 2022-02-09.loredit
2022-07-29 19:56:54    Player    Information    Registering interactive triggers: L:\Sequences\Year round landscaping\Year-round_Evening.lss
2022-07-29 19:56:54    Player    Information    Starting Main: L:\Sequences\Year round landscaping\Landscaping evening fast 2021-01-03.loredit

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

We are working on changes for playback file creation that is not completed yet, but a software update should not trigger the playback files to be created. Do you recall what the player log was listing as a reason?

No I missed it.