Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing props from Pixels to AC

Dr_Aplet

I am trying to add 16 new channels to my previews, i am trying to use GE props because they look good.  They are showing as RGB, the GE nut kracka is built for Pixels i think because it crosses dozens of IDs and channels.  Can some one help me make these into a regular string of say 100 bulbs on 1 channel?  I am still new at this. 

Here is a link to a picture of my Prop definition screen.  I would like to make this a single channel AC light. Any advise?  I tried to delete the rows.  If it can be done im sure it is a toggle button somewhere.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15oP1WzB6wGC7ELEqnJjKYpElZZqvzSAU/view?usp=sharing

You have a couple of options, both of which will take time.

If you really want to keep the exact layout of the bulbs in your preview, you can click the "Customize Light Placement" button. This will open a giant grid (200x661). Scroll through that grid, and everywhere you find a pixel number, change it to "1". This will change the number of pixels (separately controlled bulbs) from 400 to 1.

The other option, which may be faster, is to just approximate the prop in your sequence with a bunch of connected (or unconnected) lines. You could draw your new lines on top of the existing RGB prop, then delete the existing prop when your new one looks close enough.

Here you go -  GE Nut Kracka as a Single Channel AC Prop

How To:

Prop definition > Customize Light placement > Select All > add offset to selection (edit to > negative number of actual pixels) to get to ALL bulbs as number 1

Single AC GE Nut Kracka.lpeprop

Edited by Jimehc
  • Like 1

thank you that's perfect.  I wish there is a better library.  Perhaps i will set up a google drive folder to put that stuff in.  I like having it look good.  More to come on that.