Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report - Minor - Video Playback (Resolved)

dgrant

I had discovered issues in S5 about this but it appears there's a slight issue with S6 too. In the Sequencer Tools pull-down/ Sequencer Preferences/ Video tab, we can select first which monitor we want video to be played back onto. After having selected the position of the playback window, onto the desired monitor (multiple monitors in my case), then going back to the preferences and telling it to then use "Full Scale" playback, for unknown reasons, it doesn't work when just starting up the system. It works after manually double-clicking on the video window, making it full screen but not until doing that. The issue is if we are not home, the show player fires up, video playback does not start full screen as selected via the preferences.

Its the Show Player or Live Player that reads this information and should be setting it up. I see those players, disconnecting from the desired screen when they are shut down. So the issue is they aren't starting up correctly for this one area and when they do, they are not full scale even though commanded, unless manually.

Edited by dgrant

There are separate settings for choosing the monitor used for video playback in the Sequencer vs. in the Control Panel. For shows, go to Control Panel > Settings > Video. It works like the Sequencer setting, but it is stored separately.

Matt

Oops...not so fast. I thought it was fixed but sure enough, it happened again. Where is this setting actually stored and what is the precise method to make it work. It says to first use the mode above to place the video onto the desired screen. Ok, done. But how to you tell the system that it's been done? The the next item says you can make it appear full screen but the same question comes to mind, how to you tell it you've done that? Its as if there's a save function that needs to be triggered. Maybe I'm missing something obvious or not obvious enough?

1) In the Control Panel, set the video setting to play in a window

2) Use Show on Demand to start your show with video media

3) Move the window to the desired monitor

4) Stop the show. The video window should still be open

5) Go to Settings > Video and select full screen. The existing window should immediately go full screen on the monitor it was on.

Everything should be saved automatically. No save button required.

Ok, done. Will see if it works tomorrow. It happened when I booted up today and launched the Live Player, CUE

• The title was changed to Bug Report - Minor - Video Playback (Resolved)
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently its not resolved as I thought. Just now, booted up the computer, launched the CP, launched the full show, then first video did not appear on my #3 monitor as previously setup for and verified, but instead, showed up again on my #1 monitor. If this is a setting that's stored in the browser cookies, note that I purposely delete all cookies on exit.