Light-O-Rama Forums

No spectrogram when selected in audio settings (I found it, now for info)

bdwillie

Just went through a long hair pulling because I had no spectrograms in a new sequence I started yesterday.  First new start with 6.0.4

After a bunch of song swapping, trying this and that, Trying a second new sequence, I noticed on the new sequence box where you select the preview to use and other things, there is now a box called audio information, and it was set to waveform only.  Changing that to Spectrogram Hi Res fixed the issue.  I now have waveform and spectrograms on the new test sequence.

So questions. 

Is that something new or I have just been lucky all this time with S5 that it was already set to Spectrograms High Res and something reset it.

Is there a way to salvage the sequence I have already started to get the spectrograms in it without starting over.  I could rename it, start a new one again and copy paste I guess.

1 hour ago, bdwillie said:

Is that something new or I have just been lucky all this time with S5 that it was already set to Spectrograms High Res and something reset it.

The selection box in New Musical Sequence was added at the same time the spectrogram capability was added -- in 5.6.0. You can change it after the sequence has been created in the Sequence Info dialog.

Matt

If you double-click on the spectrogram, it'll bring up options for it. If its not there at all, in the tools near the tops right side, you'll see an icon for spectrogram. Touch that then it should appear