Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report Sequencer saving error after multiple saves and/or (Resolved)

bdwillie

My apologies if someone has already reported this, I scanned the forum but might have missed it.

Light-O-Rama Control Panel (64-bit)
Version 6.0.4 (BETA)
Copyright 2022 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Pro Edition
Registered to: Robert Willie

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Intel® HD Graphics 630

Added update to bottom

Two monitors.  Sequencer open in monitor 1 and preview open in monitor 2   (In case it matters)

I have started having a problem that after multiple saves of a sequence, or if I have two or more different sequences in tabs in sequencer, while trying to save work, I get an error that states " While saving the file these warnings occurred.  Unable to save an embedded background image."   After this occurs the background image on the preview monitor disappears, and the preview window will no longer show the sequence if played in sequencer.  The background image is the same one I have used for years, not a new image.

Shutting down sequencer and restarting seems to fix it for a bit, background image returns and once again playing sequencer results in the preview functioning properly, and as a side note, the work that was saved when the error occurs IS saved and there when restarting.  Looking at the logs warning it says the file is in use by another process if I read it correctly (which I probably aren't).  I have no other programs running at this time other than LOR Control and sequencer.  Sequences are saved to the computer itself, not a cloud or server folder.  

Digging in the logs I find this warning

2022-07-23T12:10:38.9074817-04:00    WARN    [LightORama.Tray.Sequences.SequenceWatcher]    [0]    Failed to create hash for C:\LOR\Sequences\Silent Night Edit.loreditSystem.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\LOR\Sequences\Silent Night Edit.loredit' because it is being used by another process.
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at LightORama.Tray.Sequences.SequenceWatcher.zWHaKY6a1Ay(String  , CancellationToken  )

2022-07-23T12:15:12.4116500-04:00    WARN    [LightORama.Tray.Sequences.SequenceWatcher]    [0]    Failed to create hash for C:\LOR\Sequences\Silent Night Edit.loreditSystem.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\LOR\Sequences\Silent Night Edit.loredit' because it is being used by another process.
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at LightORama.Tray.Sequences.SequenceWatcher.zWHaKY6a1Ay(String  , CancellationToken  )

Update:

This time when I restarted sequencer, opened the first sequence in question, then the second so the two tabs are there in sequencer.  Still does not control the preview but the image is back.  I shut sequencer back down, reopened and loaded just one of the sequences.  Work as it should.  Loaded the second sequence to do some cutting and pasting between the two and am back to no control and saving errors.  My long shot guess is that both sequences have a different preview assigned maybe?  Individually I don't have this problem with either

UPDATE 2

If i load two sequences that have different previews assigned it does this.  I use 4 different previews 3 are for individual animations and 1 for the main show.  Any combo of two different previews in the tabs does this.  It is repeatable, happens every time.

Edited by bdwillie
added info

Yes, its been reported and they said they already identified the error and will be fixed in the next release

• Like 1

Just FYI, it just now happened to me again too! I reported this before and its supposedly been fixed but whenever the next release is, we'll be able to test it.

I will hold up on my copy and pasting until it's fixed.  Got time!  I did go back and search again and found your original post, sorry I did a repeat post, but glad to know it wasn't a "me " error.  Thanks again!

4 hours ago, dgrant said:

It appears that its now working. OP, please verify

Yup, working fine now!

• The title was changed to Bug Report Sequencer saving error after multiple saves and/or (Resolved)