Light-O-Rama Forums

Troubleshooting P5 Panels Help Request

ChasinRudolph

I have built myself a P5 panel to add to my display. I have it working but seem to be experiencing some issues when running a sequence from LOR (running from s5 in with control lights selected). 

Static visuals seem to be fine but when there is movement it seems to leave a movement trail. If I pause the playback the pixels catch up and render the image accurately. The panel renders correctly in LEDVision and using the Test Mode in FPP.

Software up is FPP 5.5 LOR 5.6.8 

If anyone has any suggestions on what may be going on here or what to troubleshoot I would greatly appreciate it.

FPP Input

image.png

FPP outputFPP Panel Outpot.PNG

LOR Prop DefinitionLOR Prop Config.png

LOR Network Settings

LOR Network.png

Santa with "motion trail"

Santa.jpg.64615a414141bc7cddb43692507cfb99.jpg

Edited by ChasinRudolph
added additional Picture

First of all, why are you running 384 channel universes instead of 512 channel universes?  That is increasing your data traffic by a third.  That is not the root cause of your issue, but it is not helping.

Second, is ABSOLUTELY every connection between the show computer and the RasPi Gigabit capable and operating at 1 Gigabit (network interfaces, switches, routers, etc)?  With 192 universes, you are at least getting close to exceeding the capacity of a 100Base-T (especially if there is other stuff sharing that network).

My P5 matrix is half the size of yours and also don't find it overly smooth when things are moving.  I am using the matrix panels primarily as my TuneTo sign, so it's not moving much.

Thanks for the response, I set it up that way as it seemed the easiest way to configure in it LOR, I didn't think it would send all the empty data. Anyways I have updated it to your recommendation.

On my Ethernet card I am seeing about 25Mbps. throughput, it is a gigabit card, the router is a  Netgear Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router (running only LAN) and the FPP is running on a Raspberry PI 3B with a TP-Link USB to Ethernet Adapter (UE306) - Foldable USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter, running to the color light.

The picture does seem slightly better if I connect my PC directly to the FPP and not through the router. If  I connect the color light to my PC and play the movie from LEDvision it is smooth at 9Mbps.

I may try it in xlights and loading that right to the FPP as this was intended to be a background sequence (but I wasn't 100% sold on this and would like to be able to the background for different shows) but that is not my ideal.

15 minutes ago, ChasinRudolph said:

Thanks for the response, I set it up that way as it seemed the easiest way to configure in it LOR, I didn't think it would send all the empty data. Anyways I have updated it to your recommendation.

Yes, every universe will take about a quarter megabit / second.

16 minutes ago, ChasinRudolph said:

On my Ethernet card I am seeing about 25Mbps. throughput, it is a gigabit card, the router is a  Netgear Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router (running only LAN) and the FPP is running on a Raspberry PI 3B with a TP-Link USB to Ethernet Adapter (UE306) - Foldable USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter, running to the color light.

That means that it is limited to 100base-T because of the RasPi.  The ColorLight required Gig (although it is no where near that much data).  When I Was using ColorLights, I was also using Pi-3b with a TrendNet USB to Gig-E adapter to drive the Colorlight on each Pi.

19 minutes ago, ChasinRudolph said:

The picture does seem slightly better if I connect my PC directly to the FPP and not through the router.

That surprises me a bit.

19 minutes ago, ChasinRudolph said:

I may try it in xlights and loading that right to the FPP as this was intended to be a background sequence (but I wasn't 100% sold on this and would like to be able to the background for different shows) but that is not my ideal.

That will work considerably better since you are not having to transmit the data to get it into the FPP.  My panels are sequenced as part of the show, so I can't do that (and pretty much refuse to use xLights...

• This topic was locked and unlocked