Light-O-Rama Forums

Plastic Toy soldiers 36" light bulb

Dr_Aplet

Hey all this is a little different question but it applies to my show. 

This summer I bought some plastic soldiers that are about 36" tall and have a light that plugs into the back of head.  I need to replace the light connector.  This looks like a department 56 light bulb and connector.  can someone tell me either;

Where can i get new light connectors and cords?

What are some ways that people upgrade these lights? 

My thought would be that I feed in general LED lights top to bottom. 

Those could be white 6W candelabra bulbs  (white Night light bulbs are 4W)

That bulb shape is common for sewing machines.

The cord and socket are easy, make your own using a vampire plug.

How is the socket mounted?  Loose sockets are usually in the plastic drawers at Home Depot for switches/and fixture light sockets

Got Lighted pumpkins? they may have the same socket assembly.

Are you stuck using 120V (only AC controllers)?  I converted many of my Walmart candy canes to white led strips (12V), so I have a bunch of 10 bulb (clear) strings  (each bulb is 12V, so I cut some up and use with my CMB24 (ungroup a RGB port for 3 channels)

3 hours ago, Brian Mitchell said:

Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michaels. 

AFAIK He will have an hours drive (Ukaih if they have any of those. OTOH Hopland has Mendcino Brewing: Redtail Ale 👍)

I've used these guys for lamp parts. They seemed to have EVERYTHING for lamps. We've bought some old blowmolds (for inside) at antique shows and I have found replacement parts for all of them here.

grandbrass.com

10 hours ago, TheDucks said:

AFAIK He will have an hours drive (Ukaih if they have any of those. OTOH Hopland has Mendcino Brewing: Redtail Ale 👍)

9 hours ago, Jimehc said:

4 hours ago, Kulpy said:

I bought some of these to make my own cords up

https://www.nationalartcraft.com//subcategory.asp?gid=1&cid=27&scid=27

You all nailed it i think.  those metal brackets will be able to be bent to what ever shape hole i need.

Ducks that fact that you know any of these towns earns points in my book.  not many people get up into my neck of the woods.  Thank you all for the help.  Any one what to help me start updating all my sequences?  I'm going to have to get another controller to really put my collection to use. 

this year i am adding 4 standard lit Christmas trees, 7 soldiers, a https://www.thewinfieldcollection.com/ caroler set and a bunch of smaller yard sale items.  Any suggestions on how to properly double up lights so people don't know you are doubling? meaning Eves #1 with a couple soldiers, etc.

soldier1.jpg

1 minute ago, Jimehc said:

I recommend build you own or cut out the switch if they are used anyplace that gets rained on. those spin switches are CHEAPLY made.

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

I recommend build you own or cut out the switch if they are used anyplace that gets rained on. those spin switches are CHEAPLY made.

Now that you mention it yes the switches would need to go.   As long as I have the socket everything else can be replaced.