Light-O-Rama Forums

Puchased WS2811 Floodlight with RGBW, No RGBW selection in HU pixie config.

Obejohnknobe

Hey everyone,

This is my first time working with WS2811 RGBW floodlights in hopes of using them in other places in the display with one of my spare Pixie 4 cards.   When trying out the lights thru the Pixie 4 on Hardware Utility, the color is off.  For example select red and it lights white, green and it lights red and so on but no blue.  On HU  Config tab at bottom and used Pixie config and there is no RGBW in the selection.  Am I missing something that is obvious or is there some other place I need to look to get the correct color on the flood lights before use?  Using the new Beta S6 but do not recall seeing a RGBW selection in the Pixie Config tab.

Added info, tried all 4 flood lights at once on 1 port and  pixie4 is selected 50 pixels (Pixie Config) all 4 flood lights have different colors.  No blue color, 1 red, 1 green and 2 have white (RGW).  Any ideas??

Thanks!!!

John

The WS2811 chip has 3 channels. If these "WS2811 RGBW floodlights" you purchased actually use a WS2811 chip, then they can't be RGBW. Where did you purchase them?

Hi Steven,

Thanks for responding!!  Floodlights purchased from Wally's Lights, just not understanding how they work from the programming side.  I had the Pixie 4 card programmed with RGB, works with the standard WS2811 pixel strands, but the floodlights would not produce blue or any other correct selection of color.  That goes for all 4 I purchased.  My understanding is even though it has RGB diodes it comes with an extra White LED.  It is not making any sense to me why the standard WS2811 programming and the color of blue will not work with these floodlights.

John

Nice floods,  IMHO wrong choice (from the spec page) for use with a Pixie

Only works with controllers that support WS2814 Chipsets.

There is nothing on the Wally's page that states that these are ws2811. It actually states ws2814 which a Pixie controller does not support.

Thanks!!!! 

I went back to the website and looks like I purchased the wrong ones.  Yes, these are the WS2814 WRGB, not the ones I wanted which are the same style, but WS2811 RGB.  Guess I will wait to put these in action when LOR software supports the WS2814 chipset.  Just purchased the correct ones......... Chalk one up for not double checking the order.

John

• The topic was locked