Light-O-Rama Forums

Using Props and a PixCon16

AngeB

I am using a PixCon16 for the first time.  I've created a prop (rectangular horizontal matrix) and want to play this on the PixCon16.  What do I do?

I've set the speed as 500K.  Set the unit id as 3 ( I have 2 other units running stand alone).   I urgently need help as I'm supposed to be doing a show at the end of this week.

What is the physical arrangement of the strings?  By that I mean, how many strings, how many pixels per string, are there folds, strings running horizontal or vertical?

18 hours ago, AngeB said:

I am using a PixCon16 for the first time.  I've created a prop (rectangular horizontal matrix) and want to play this on the PixCon16.  What do I do?

I've set the speed as 500K.  Set the unit id as 3 ( I have 2 other units running stand alone).   I urgently need help as I'm supposed to be doing a show at the end of this week.

I would use Matrix Horizontal Quad , if I was you. 

JR

On 7/17/2022 at 5:18 AM, AngeB said:

I am using a PixCon16 for the first time.

I've set the speed as 500K. 

Pixcon boards run on "Enhanced", which if I'm correct is 1000K.

1 hour ago, BluMan said:

Pixcon boards run on "Enhanced", which if I'm correct is 1000K.

Technically, Enhanced is speed independent, but it is usually used because you need more speed and  it is a way around older 500K devices by making the connection mono-directional (normal RS485 is bi-directional), which is the reason you can't use the trigger inputs on an enhanced network.