Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report - Switching to Dumb RGBW Loses Sequencing

Steven

I have some RGBW 120v superstrings that are currently in the preview as "Traditional" -> "Channel per color" with the order set to Red, Green, Blue, White.

The "What's New" description sounded like these are the perfect candidate for "Dumb RGBW", so I tried switching a couple. However, when I switched them, I lost the sequencing for that prop.

I tried copy and pasting the sequencing from the original sequence. I was able to copy and paste the red, green, and blue, but pasting the white didn't work. I could paste from foreground or to background, but when the one color faded out and the white faded in, there was a sudden change in intensity.

While Dumb RGBW may work for new props, converting from traditional RGBW string to dumb RGBW string is not usable for existing sequences.

Light-O-Rama Control Panel (64-bit)
Version 6.0.4 (BETA)
Copyright 2022 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Pro Edition
Registered to: Steven Schoch

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Intel® HD Graphics 530

It probably doesn't mean much, but after the conversion the sequencer shows something inconsistent in which the popup shows "completely on", but the color is a dark blue:

1829282990_Screenshot2022-07-08172159.png.fb3d641643ce70eed0d785d528b7c73a.png

Saving and reopening the sequence fixed this issue.

I haven't loaded S6 yet, afraid of all the bugs, BUT...., I am intrigued about this "Dumb RGBW" stuff.  I run many super strings that this would work well with. This might have me give it a try.

• Like 1