Light-O-Rama Forums

Playback and SuperStar

Steven

I have a question about sequences with SuperStar. In S5, I discovered that it wasn't enough to copy just the .loredit file to the show computer. If the sequence had SuperStar events, then I also had to transfer the appropriate SS*.avi file(s). (I realize I could also open the sequences with Sequencer on the show computer, but often that was more trouble than just finding the SS*.avi file(s).)

Does the S6 control panel automatically build the SS*.avi files from the SuperStar data in the *.loredit files?

The option to attach (encode) the SS avi file into the loredit file would be nice... same as you can encode Picture Files (images) into the loredit already...

Edited by Jimehc

At some point in S5, there was a feature added where the AVI file could be regenerated when you went to edit a SuperStar effect - even if you didn't make any changes in SuperStar. This also exists in S6. We have not extended that capability so that you could generate playback files without the AVI files present, but that feature should be possible to add.

Matt

Is this feature something that can be done by the show player without any other interaction?

That is, will I be able to just drop the modified loredit file into the Sequences folder and have the SuperStar effects automatically converted into the playback file?

Should I open a new "Feature Request" topic for this?

13 hours ago, Steven said:

Is this feature something that can be done by the show player without any other interaction?

That is, will I be able to just drop the modified loredit file into the Sequences folder and have the SuperStar effects automatically converted into the playback file?

Should I open a new "Feature Request" topic for this?

Yes, you will be able to move just the modified LOREDIT file without having to worry about the AVI files -- the rest of the conversion to a playback file will be automatic.

No need to open a separate feature request.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Matt