Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request - Auto test for new releases

dgrant

I just now launched S6 again and quickly remembered many other software companies have a built in test function that looks to see if a newer revision is available. Yes, assuming its connected to the internet

Hmmm, Ok, I don't ever remember seeing it before. Take your word for it. Thanks

I wouldn't know. I always saw the forum notice and updated right then.......

Yep, been there in S5 for quite a while.  I don't often see it because usually I install the new version right after it comes out and so I generally am always running the latest version.

Like Phil said...

That function currently lives in the Sequencer. Should it be moved to the Control Panel?

Matt

I would agree that moving it (or adding it) to the CP makes more sense.

Counter argument. I'd argue that the Sequencer would be used/opened more than the CP.

That said ... both places might not be a bad idea.

My thought is the Sequencer since it will be used more than the control panel. The control panel will be used to set the show up. The sequencer is where most of your time will be spent.

I would vote both.  Sequencer is used alot, but I still would want a new release check in both spots.

4 hours ago, Don said:

Counter argument. I'd argue that the Sequencer would be used/opened more than the CP.

Control Panel is likely opened once per system start. Those of us who use a different computer for sequencing may only have the CP open on the garage computer. When we do (re)start it, it's likely because something is broken, which is not a good time to test a new version.

On 7/5/2022 at 3:24 PM, dgrant said:

Hmmm, Ok, I don't ever remember seeing it before. Take your word for it. Thanks

I installed 6.0.2 today because I was testing something. When I launched the Sequencer, I got this:

1380280435_LORNewVersionDialog.png.7afdac6fe0ce2294a40ba62304710dbb.png

Edited by Steven