Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report - Lost Preview after switching to new one

thomascobb

- Program Used - Sequencer

- Beta Version v6.0.0

- OS Version  Windows 11, 64-bit

- Hardware Used {The new features of S6 mainly relate to show control, which will involve using hardware}

- Files Used 

- Description: assigning a different preview causes the preview window to blank and be unusable.  Afterwards, opening another sequence

- Repeatability:

1.  open working sequence
  2. Save As - name as new sequence
  3. in new sequence, assign new preview
  4. go thru prop matching for new preview and accept
  5. preview goes blank
  6. try to open old sequence that was working, still blank

closing sequencer and reopening restores preview screen.  It will display the preview for the new sequence or the original, but goes blank again if I try to open both of them together.

creating a new sequence with the new intended preview works as intended.

Logs.zip

I can open a sequence, let it calculate, the preview plays.  One another sequence with a different preview, it calculates and will play that preview.  But if switch back to the other, neither one will play any longer.  If I select a prop, it will show the preview of that prop and effect, but will not switch back to the overall preview

I can confirm this happening still in 6.0.4. Its related to an error being received from the preview background image. Basically this is happening when you have at least two different sequences open within the sequencer itself, both having different previews. S6 cannot differentiate between the two previews. Close both out, just opening one sequence, allows it to work as Thomas mentioned already

Edited by dgrant