Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report - Play Shows: Background Sequence Mutes Audio (Resolved)

Steven

My show has a 30-second background sequence that keeps a couple of channels turned on.

When this show is playing, every time the background sequence reaches the end and loops back to the beginning, it mutes the audio of the currently playing musical sequence. The musical sequence continues to control lights, but it is silent. The audio doesn't come back until the musical sequence ends and the next musical sequence starts. However, the process happens again when the background sequence ends and loops back to the start. Other audio on the system (e.g. Sequencer) works fine.

Stopping the background sequence (by clicking on the trashcan button) will not restore the audio on the currently playing musical sequence, but it will let the following sequences run with audio completely.

Edited by Steven
The Backgound Sequence is important

I just tried running a show with one sequence that has audio (that actually has sound - as opposed to silence), and it played just fine.  Happened to be a 61 second sequence that I let run for about 5 minutes and the audio played through each cycle.

• The title was changed to Bug Report - Play Shows: Background Sequence Mutes Audio
36 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I just tried running a show with one sequence that has audio (that actually has sound - as opposed to silence), and it played just fine.  Happened to be a 61 second sequence that I let run for about 5 minutes and the audio played through each cycle.

See my massive edit to my original post. The problem is caused by the background sequence.

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Is the background sequence a musical or animation sequence?

It's an animation sequence. "Sequence Information" says: Type: Animation Sequence; Length: 30.00; Media File: n/a

It uses a Preview that has 5 channels. All channels are "On" for the entire sequence.

Edited by Steven

Well, so much for that...

I can test it with a background, but need to wait till Tuesday...

I can confirm an issue on my WIN !! 64 Pro machine. i

I just ran a quick test with a Show On Demand and a Scheduled Show.  I can confirm the muting behavior. I had a single channel Background Sequence of one minute length in the background tab and three musical sequences in the main tab. EVERY time the background sequence restarts, ie every minute, the current Musical file mutes until the next song starts, Then it mutes again when the background cycles again

• Like 1

I can confirm the fix in 6.0.2 also.

Edited by PhilMassey

• The title was changed to Bug Report - Play Shows: Background Sequence Mutes Audio (Resolved)
  • The topic was locked