Light-O-Rama Forums

Adapting Superstar sequence to larger matrix

Denny

Is there a way to adapt an existing Superstar sequence of one size to a different size?  I have plenty of sequences for a 24x50 matrix but would like to use them on a much larger matrix (48x100) this year.  Is there a simple way to adapt/modify them?

The best way is to use the "Move or Scale" dialog box.

Open your sequence and rename it to something like "MySequence48x100"

Click on the Edit menu and choose "Select All"

Click on the Tools menu and select "Move or Scale Selected Effects"

Select "Scale"

Set the Source width and height to the width and height of the sequence, in your case 24x50

Set the Dest width and height to the width and height of your larger matrix, in this case 48x100

-Brian Bruderer

Thank you Brian!  I am not that familiar with Superstar and have been trying for over a week to figure this out.  Worked like a champ!!!

Denny, you are wise to exactly double your matrix size.  It generally works out better that way.  I did the same things several years ago when I changed my pixel tree from 12 x 50 to become 24 x 100.  You will likely fine a few things that you want to tweek, but the scale will get you close.  For example, a single pixel will scale to 2 x 2 pixels.   For some things that is fine, but for some you really want just a single pixel.  That will have to be manually tweeked.  When I later upgrade my pixel tree to 26 x 100 I had to do a lot of tweeking.

Jim, that's why I went to 48x100 -- exactly the same proportions but 4 times the size.  Also, went from 3 inch spacing down to 1.9" to keep it somewhat manageable in size.  Still gives me an 8x16 foot matrix.  One heck of a lot of pixels to push though.  Using 3 Pixie 16 controllers for it.  Hope to have the matrix finished late this week.  Can only work on it in the early mornings (as in 5 AM to about 9AM), Arizona weather this time of year limits outdoor construction time for me.

20 minutes ago, Denny said:

Also, went from 3 inch spacing down to 1.9" to keep it somewhat manageable in size. 

Similar with my pixel tree.  The overall lit length of each string went from 122.5 inches to 131.67 inches.

21 minutes ago, Denny said:

Using 3 Pixie 16 controllers for it. 

Mine was originally (in 2012) one SanDevice E682 E1.31 controller when it was 12 x 50, then added a second E682 when it went to 24 x 100, and then changed a few years ago to a Falcon F16v3 and expansion board.  I was an early adopter of E1.31.

24 minutes ago, Denny said:

Can only work on it in the early mornings (as in 5 AM to about 9AM), Arizona weather this time of year limits outdoor construction time for me.

I get that!  Actually I need to get off the computer and get some stuff loaded into my truck before it gets too hot for my professional fireworks show tomorrow...