Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request - Motion Row Numbering system

wicket82

When you add Motion Effect rows now, the higher numbers automatically start at the top. While you can click on "Name" at the top and change the order, that also changes the order of the Background and Foreground change places too. It seems backwards. Foreground should be Effect 01 and not the last one. and Background should be the last one. Also the numbering system starts at 02 now and not 01. It worked right in S5 but S6 changes the order.

In S6 control panel - go into setting - you can select Foreground (Background) , first or last

10 hours ago, Jimehc said:

In S6 control panel - go into setting - you can select Foreground (Background) , first or last

I went into control panel and didn’t see that as an option. So I went into a sequence and under Tools, sequencer preferences, Motion Effects, I have it set for Foreground on top. Which is what I want. But the number of the effects when you add motion effect rows are “backwards”. The lower number (effect 01) should be first. Instead it puts the higher number ones at the top and lower numbers at the bottom. So it’s still out of order. 

Effect 01 is the Background - since you have it list as Foreground Top - then the highest row numbers are at the top.. it just allows you to change the "layering" order in the sequence grid...

On 7/2/2022 at 9:59 PM, Jimehc said:

Effect 01 is the Background - since you have it list as Foreground Top - then the highest row numbers are at the top.. it just allows you to change the "layering" order in the sequence grid...

But there is not Effect 01. If Foreground is on the top, then when you add motion effect rows, the higher "effect numbers", are on the top. The lower numbers should be on the top. If background is on the top, then the lower numbers are on the top. But problem is that Background should be on the bottom (in the back so to speak). So, the order of the numbers are backwards in my mind. I know I can rename the "Effect" names but I would have to do that to ever single row. In S5, the lowest number started at the top and the numbering system increased as it went down. LOR just needs to put the numbering system back to the way it was in S5.