Light-O-Rama Forums

Snowflake shape in Prop Definition

wicket82

This was added in S6.

·Added a Snowflake shape in Prop Definition. This shape can be used to efficiently model pixel snowflakes and other props with radial symmetry. Motion effects that move left or right will spin around the snowflake.

Has anyone figured out how to make it work? I have snowflakes in my existing show and wanted to see what this did. I saw a sample the other week in the Zoom room but can't get it to work in my sequencer.

Use the blended bars, curtain, and single block effects - that will give a good demonstration.

20 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

Use the blended bars, curtain, and single block effects - that will give a good demonstration.

I tried that with my current snowflakes and it looks the same as it did in S5. Guess you have to actually redraw the snowflake and can't use the ones imported from Boscoyo or anybody. I just imported some new ones to test from Boscoyo and blended bars and it just goes across the snowflake. It doesn't actually go spin around the snowflake.

I just drew a quick one and it's working as intended. All you have to do is draw one spoke, then use the settings above so that the spoke gets duplicated that many times with those parameters. The effects I suggested are indeed going around the prop in my test. The ones imported from Boscoyo/others are not set up this way.

3 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

I just drew a quick one and it's working as intended. All you have to do is draw one spoke, then use the settings above so that the spoke gets duplicated that many times with those parameters. The effects I suggested are indeed going around the prop in my test. The ones imported from Boscoyo/others are not set up this way.

I thought you mentioned in the zoom room last time it would work with imported snowflakes from Boscoyo and Gilbert and other coro manufacterers. Guess I didn't ask the question correctly or misunderstood the answer. Thanks.

I tried to draw one and it didn't work right. So I will bring that up Tuesday at the Zoom call and you can walk me through how to do that.

9 minutes ago, wicket82 said:

I thought you mentioned in the zoom room last time it would work with imported snowflakes from Boscoyo and Gilbert and other coro manufacterers. Guess I didn't ask the question correctly or misunderstood the answer. Thanks.

If I implied that, I apologize. I definitely knew it would not work with imported props when that was brought up. I may have said that you could still USE imported vendor props in addition to the new snowflakes, but not that the importable ones would take on the new snowflake shape. Great question to add to the list for Tuesday!