Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug report. Stuck in demo mode. Won't load motion effects, Massive amount of yellow triangles in Previews under conflicts.

bdwillie

Beta 6.000  Windows 10 64 bit machine. Using sequencer.  When loading a sequence I finished in S5 into S6 I get an error that motion effects were found in the file but not loaded because they are not supported at your license level.  Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?  The motion effects loaded and worked fine in S5.  I am licensed for PRO in S5 if that makes a difference.  Also there are a massive amount of yellow triangle conflicts in my preview, saying my license level doesn't support it.  It's like the beta isn't registering for beta testing.  I am stuck in DEMO mode

Edited by bdwillie

• The title was changed to Bug report. Stuck in demo mode. Won't load motion effects, Massive amount of yellow triangles in Previews under conflicts.

I am experiencing this problem too.  I cannot get the software to get out of basic mode.  

Light-O-Rama Sequencer (64-bit)
Version 6.0.0 (BETA)
Copyright 2016-2022 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Demo Edition
Registered to: NOT REGISTERED (My Key starts with B38E9- and is good through 5.10.X)

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
Intel® HD Graphics 530
OpenGL version: 4.6.0 - Build 26.20.100.7263

Uninstalled and reinstalled today, still stuck in demo mode.  Can't do a thing

10 hours ago, Ty O said:

I am experiencing this problem too.  I cannot get the software to get out of basic mode.  

Ty O,

Did ya get it going?

I have the same problem. Fortunately (for me) the problem only happens on a system in the office, and I'm only in the office one day a week. It works on my laptop at home.

Light-O-Rama Control Panel (64-bit)
Version 6.0.0 (BETA)
Copyright 2022 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Demo Edition
Registered to: NOT REGISTERED

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Intel® HD Graphics 530

Edited by Steven

27 minutes ago, Steven said:

I have the same problem. Fortunately (for me) the problem only happens on a system in the office, and I'm only in the office one day a week. It works on my laptop at home.

I'll go dust off the old laptop and give it a try on that!

This is a shot in the dark, but it worked when S5 had problems.

Do the uninstall then delete the LOR folder in Program Files x86. Then try the S6 install again.

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Have you tried entering your license information?

The license information was already there in the "License" page of the S6 Control Panel. When I pressed "Register Online", it told me my license wouldn't work for this version.

It's behaving as if the Beta test period is over, even though I'm pretty sure the date and time on my computer are correct.

Edited by Steven

11 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

This is a shot in the dark, but it worked when S5 had problems.

Do the uninstall then delete the LOR folder in Program Files x86. Then try the S6 install again.

Will try that next!

10 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Have you tried entering your license information?

Sure did!  Still a no go  Will try to delete the X86 folder from a few posts earlier and see what happens

Went and checked.  I don't have a LOR or lightorama folder in my program files or program files (x)86 folders.  I had changed the installation folder to c:\LOR way back when we first started using LOR.  I have also tried uninstalling LOR, using c-clean to clean the registry.  Still won't let it register.  My registration key and name comes up in the boxes as it should but when I hit register it keeps telling me my license doesn't cover it and I can't do or load anything with motion effects, and all my networks aren't supported at my level.

I wouldn't trust cc cleaner to clean my floor. LOR has its own regwipe utility to purge all traces from the registry. You have to request it in a help ticket however.

Did you try installing S6 into the default program files x86 location.

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Did you try installing S6 into the default program files x86 location.

Just tried that, completely uninstalled and reinstalled to default location.  same result.  red exclamation on license and won't register.  still stuck in demo mode.

Edited by bdwillie

18 minutes ago, bdwillie said:

Just tried that, completely uninstalled and reinstalled to default location.  same result.  red exclamation on license and won't register.  still stuck in demo mode.

Did you do a LOR registry wipe?

I tried my old laptop, old HP ancient thing, windows 10.  it has been offline now for over a year as it is broken physically and for the most part unusable.  During the install process it said it needed to install microsoft.NET 6.0 desktop runtime (v6.0.5) - windows x64 installer.  When I tell it to install that I get another screen that says unpacking, and then that goes away and I get another screen for installing LOR.  On the laptop, while installing, when it gets to the install microsoft.NET 6.0 desktop runtime (v6.0.5) - windows x64 installer, the next screen was the unpacker of the install, then I got a screen that had a blue box with .NET in the box.  It installed the desktop runtime, and then installed LOR.  Screaming bad fans and all, it does work on the old laptop.

I checked my installed items on the desktop, found the microsoft.NET 6.0 desktop runtime (v6.0.5) that was installed and deleted it., then deleted LOR again and tried to reinstall again.  still stuck in demo mode and won't register.  

I don't know if the  microsoft.NET 6.0 desktop runtime (v6.0.5) has anything to do with the registration process but that is a difference between the two machines

11 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Did you do a LOR registry wipe?

No sir, I don't have that software.   I did use c-cleaner on the registry.  I need to get the help desk to send me the wiper. 

EDIT:  have a ticket in requesting the wiper

Edited by bdwillie

ok, uninstalled, deleted the program folder, wiped registry with LOR wipe, reinstalled, entered license info, still stuck in demo mode..

The Beta page says:

The Beta software is FREE to download to any machine with an activated Light-O-Rama license (do not try to re-register your software). The Beta testing period for S6 ends on August 7, 2022.

If it's running in demo mode, there are 2 possibilities:

1. S6 cannot determine that Light-O-Rama has been activated on this machine. When you activate your license, a "license file" is downloaded that contains the "host ID" for the machine and the permitted version. This "license file" is signed as part of the activation process. It's possible that S6 doesn't use the same library for determining the "host ID" as S5, or there is some other reason why it isn't verifying the "license file". (At least this is how it works with other licensing technologies I have used.)
  2. Or... S6 thinks it is after August 7, 2022.  Obviously, if the clock on your computer is very fast, then this could happen, but it could be something telling the wrong date to S6. It could also be a clock rollback detection routine. In this case, S6 may find a system file that is dated in the future, and thus determines that the clock was turned back.

8 minutes ago, Steven said:

The Beta page says:

If it's running in demo mode, there are 2 possibilities:

1. S6 cannot determine that Light-O-Rama has been activated on this machine. When you activate your license, a "license file" is downloaded that contains the "host ID" for the machine and the permitted version. This "license file" is signed as part of the activation process. It's possible that S6 doesn't use the same library for determining the "host ID" as S5, or there is some other reason why it isn't verifying the "license file". (At least this is how it works with other licensing technologies I have used.)
  2. Or... S6 thinks it is after August 7, 2022.  Obviously, if the clock on your computer is very fast, then this could happen, but it could be something telling the wrong date to S6. It could also be a clock rollback detection routine. In this case, S6 may find a system file that is dated in the future, and thus determines that the clock was turned back.

Any idea as to what to try to fix this?  Clock on the computer is correct, I never change it

When deleting S6 and reinstalling S5.6.8 it does register as it should.

At a loss at the moment