Light-O-Rama Forums

Ctrl-A no longer Selects All

wicket82

I read that Ctrl-A no longer Selects All but that is a common short I use and I am sure other people use as well. Ctrl-A is a very common shortcut for selecting all in Windows and has been for many, many years. I know it is not a bug but why was that taking out? I understand you put a different way to select all but that takes 1 step and makes it 2 steps now.

I haven't downloaded the Beta yet, but I would assume the Custom Keyboard settings are still there. Remap it to suit your needs.

(For me "F" is off. It has been since 2004) :)

I will check and see. I have never looked at Custom Keyboard settings. I use Ctrl-A a lot in sequencing and in my IT job. Ctrl-A is second nature to me. 

This is noted in help file under What's New for 6.0.0:

Added new shortcuts: Ctrl-A to set max intensity and Ctrl-I to set min intensity. These are the counterparts to Ctrl-U and Ctrl-D. Ctrl-A will no longer select all, but you can use R followed by C to accomplish that.

Yes I saw that note. That is why i tried it and it didn't work. Can we set Ctrl-A back to Select All in the keyboard preferences? I looked but didn't see an option to.

Think I got it figured out. And after looking at it and playing around with it, I use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V mostly after I have selected entire rows. but I do use Ctrl-A from time to time so it's still nice to have that figured out.