Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report - Control Panel Refuses to Load (Resolved)

dgrant

All I see in the CP initialization is a message telling me "Initializing the show control page" then it vanishes. Nothing from LOR is running in the task manager. Earlier this morning, I installed this on my laptop without issue but here on my main desktop, no go. Core I7-6850K, 64Gb Ram and so on.

I tried the repair option to reinstall but no change. I uninstalled LOR completely, rebooted, then reinstalled S6, no change, Control panel vanishes when it gets to Init show control page. All default directories used. Relaunching the CP, I get the same thing, then it vanishes. Its not in the hidden icons or task manager anywhere.

• The title was changed to Bug Report - Control Panel Refuses to Load

Same thing happening to me. win 10, 64 bit

Program launched one time right after load and was able to navigate to sequencer, cue, etc.

It locked up and now it will not re open.

Tried restart, uninstall, repair, etc, etc.

Nothing showing in task manager.

Will try it on another pc

Log-20220629.json Log-20220629.txt LORSequencer-trace-20220629-133007.txt LORSequencer-trace-20220629-135852.txt LORSequencer-trace.txt LORTray-trace.txt

Edited by lightsintheforest
attached log files

Glad I'm not the only one. BTW, I know precisely where Lake Forest is. Use to be a great Honda Goldwing shop there

On a different, older machine, it loaded correctly. I did see the control panel application, initialized a couple of other things prior to getting to loading show control page. So its possible the control panel loader is having the issue here.

This morning, my older machine no longer works. Same as the other, as soon as it says Loading show page, then it dies and vanishes. It appeared to work normally yesterday but no more

Edited by dgrant

i carefully cleaned and reinstalled using the repair option on the one machine that worked last night. Still no joy. Attached install log here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipafyfq8y0xgn01/MSIe5d7d.LOG?dl=0

Log-20220630.json Log-20220630.txt LORTray-trace.txt

Edited by dgrant

I wonder if one of the Tray settings is causing a problem. With the Control Panel closed, try renaming these 3 files so that it doesn't see them the next time it opens:

Files are in "Light-O-Rama\CommonData":

• TraySettings.json
  • ShowScheduleSettings.json
  • OverrideSequenceSettings.json

I quickly saw the possible issue is with double backslashes throughout the ShowScheduleSettings.json file. All of the path statements are impacted. I renamed the file then ran it again, same thing, control panel refuses to load completely, vanishes, the single json file is regenerated but has the same path errors throughout.

Example: "Filepath": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\David\\Light-O-Rama\\Sequences\\ ........ and so on

Again, each file path is incorrect

I just now manually edited that exact file and repaired the typos that were software generated. The control panel came to life on the one machine. I'll try the other

Now the first machine works too after editing that ShowScheduleSettings.json file although there is no file named "OverrideSeuenceSettings.json"

Edited by dgrant

Possibly related to the network scanning issue is the TraySettings.json file

I see the "OscIpAddress": 192.168.1.48",

:OscPort": 8000

is wrong for my LOR network. That address is for the main network and not for my LOR network. LOR on my system is 10.10.10.50    not sure about the port

2 hours ago, dgrant said:

Example: "Filepath": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\David\\Light-O-Rama\\Sequences\\ ........ and so on

The double backslash in the file path is expected, as it is an escape character used by strings in JSON files. You can read more about escape characters here: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/json_simple/json_simple_escape_characters.htm.

Do you happen to have the phone app enabled? You can double check that in TraySettings.json and look to see if "AllowMobileAccess" is set to true or false.

• Like 1

I had never been able to get that far so I never enabled the phone app. What was obvious though is that once I removed the double backslash to a normal path single backslash, the control panel would indeed load on both of my machines. I quickly saw issues that others are reporting too...network not showing what's there or not showing anything. Its not reading the network configuration on one machine, but sort of ok on the other. The test hardware portion of the control panel will not release the comm port for the HU to work. The load a E1.31 controller's internal TCPIP page does not work either.

7 hours ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

The double backslash in the file path is expected, as it is an escape character used by strings in JSON files. You can read more about escape characters here: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/json_simple/json_simple_escape_characters.htm.

And what happens if you don't have Java installed? This moment, I'm responding on my laptop which is not the machine(s) I use for the show or sequencing or both. This laptop however has a backup of everything and was the first to load LOR 6. No Java installed here that I can find. Yes, tried the command java -version and nothing was returned as not a valid command. I'll look at the other two machines after the sun comes up..lol, coffee more important this moment.

11 hours ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

Do you happen to have the phone app enabled? You can double check that in TraySettings.json and look to see if "AllowMobileAccess" is set to true or false.

It is set to FALSE

6 hours ago, dgrant said:

The load a E1.31 controller's internal TCPIP page does not work either.

That part did work just fine for me.

I've got a simple desktop shortcuts each of the tcpip controllers. I've got a single one connected right now, E682, desktop shortcut sees and launches it just fine but not the S6. Probably the port thing as no port is associated on the desktop, just the IP address

Interesting.  Works fine for me.  When I do the search, it finds anything that responds to a port 80 query (normal web page).  In my case, I had to select my e1.31 network since the computer that I did the capture from has two active network interfaces.  In the screen capture below, besides the four E1.31 controllers, it also found the web interface for one of the network switches, and my web server.  when I click on the links under Scan Results, it brings up my default browser (FireFox in my case) and goes to that the page.  As usual, if the image does not show in your browser, there is a direct link to it below.

S6.0.0_E1.31-controller-setup.png

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/S6.0.0_E1.31-controller-setup.png

Edited by k6ccc

9 hours ago, dgrant said:

What was obvious though is that once I removed the double backslash to a normal path single backslash, the control panel would indeed load on both of my machines

Sending you a PM. When it is changed to a single backlash, none of your shows will load. So I suspect its something related to your show or a sequence in one of those shows.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

Sending you a PM. When it is changed to a single backlash, none of your shows will load. So I suspect its something related to your show or a sequence in one of those shows.

No, its the other way around. Nothing will load unless the double-backslashes are changed to a single-backslash each. Email and files sent per your request. Thank You!