Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report - Control Panel and System Tray (Resolved)

CoverBoii

When I close the control panel, the service is still running, however, the LOR Tray icon does not show up in the system tray. In order to reopen the control panel, I must kill the service and relaunch the control panel. 

Control Panel

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

In the manual, it says there is a application that runs in the system tray. 
"Start the Light-O-Rama Control Panel if you haven't already done so. You should see the light bulb icon in the Windows notification area (also called the "system tray")  in the lower right corner of your screen."

The manual has not been updated yet. Read the S6 help "what's new" for the latest changes. I quote.

"The new Control Panel behaves like a regular Windows program. It does NOT minimize to the system tray."

CoverBoii is partially correct.  Apparently because the LorTray.exe is still running, there is no way to get back to the Control Panel after exiting it (X in the upper right corner) other than using Task Manager to kill the LorTray.exe and then restarting the Control Panel.

I can just double click on the control panel icon and it will open back up without having to close anything or kill the service. Would be nice to have the tray icon back to just open it back from there instead of having to just minimize it. I have a tendency to close out of things i am currently not using. Haha. but I will get used to that I guess.

7 minutes ago, wicket82 said:

I can just double click on the control panel icon and it will open back up without having to close anything or kill the service.

Confirming that you are saying that if you exit the Control Panel (X in the upper right corner), you can then start it back up by double clicking on the desktop icon?

I just confirmed on both computers that after exiting the Control Panel, LORTray.exe remains running and until that is killed in the Task Manger, I get no response by attempting to restart the Control Panel either from the desktop icon or the Windows Start Menu.

Yes if I click the X on the control panel and close it out, I can just go back to the desktop icon for control panel and open it back up. I have sequencer open the entire time also. I do not have to go to task manager and kill the LORTRay.exe in order to open it back up.

I was hoping that you leaving Sequencer open while shutting down the Control Panel was a key, but just tested that and no go.  Still had to kill the LORTray.exe in order to bring the Control Panel back up.

I also see this bug. I closed the control panel by clicking the X, and LORTray.exe is still running, according to Task Manager, however there is no LOR icon in the notification area (just the other stuff that is always there like the ASUS stuff, Pageant, Intel driver, etc.).

Double-clicking on the Light-O-Rama Control Panel on the desktop does not bring it back, unless I use Task Manager to end the process first.

Windows 10 Home, version 21H2, 64-bit.

Edited by Steven

I am running Windows 11 and I have closed out of Control Panel multiple times and opened it back up with no issue at all. And Sequencer has been open the entire time. I am sure you have but have you rebooted since you installed S6?

I wonder if Windows 11 is the key.  I'm on Windows 10 and Server 2019 on the 2 computers.

I plan on trying it when I get home on my Windows 10 computer. I am on my work PC which is Windows 11.

Got home and installed it on my sequencing PC (Win 10 Pro 64-bit, i5, 14gb of RAM) and once control panel is closed, it will not open back up. I have to go to Task Manager and end LORTray. Guess i was lucky on my PC at work.

I have tested several times on my Windows 10 64bit OS (10.0.19041.1466) and every time I close (X out of) Control Panel - LORTray.exe (as seen via Task Manager) closes too.

I know this report is in contradiction to the other reports, But I will also note: that I do not have any Shows created that would run from this PC ( so thinking Show Player causing lortray.exe not to close with control panel)

Edited by Jimehc

9 hours ago, Jimehc said:

I have tested several times on my Windows 10 64bit OS (10.0.19041.1466) and every time I close (X out of) Control Panel - LORTray.exe (as seen via Task Manager) closes too.

I know this report is in contradiction to the other reports, But I will also note: that I do not have any Shows created that would run from this PC ( so thinking Show Player causing lortray.exe not to close with control panel)

I don't think I have any shows created on my PC at home that I do my sequencing on. All my shows are created on laptops that I use to run the show. So not sure if it's the show player causing it.

I was seeing the problem with requiring killing the LORTray.exe with the Task Manager on both my server at home that runs my off season shows and also on this desktop at home that has nothing connected, so no show...