Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX AND LOR at the same Time?

Dr_Aplet

Hi group. 

I have been toying with the idea of creating an interactive Christmas piece where people can press certain buttons and either add additional lights to the show.  I was wondering if my LOR 16 channel can do both DMX and and LOR?  meaning can certain lights that are working in the LOR program then be controlled through a DMX and when they are done it will go back to the routine.  I may build something independent of the light sequence with Arduino or something.

Most of the LOR controllers can respond to either DMX commands or LOR commands, but a network can only be one or the other.  Sounds like what you are trying to do is create interactive sequences.  Very easy to do in LOR (I do that every night in my year round landscape lighting show).  This BTW has nothing to do with DMX.

Note that you have to have at least an Advanced level LOR software license to either use DMX or interactive sequences.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
1 hour ago, Douglas said:

what is wrong with the Pixcon 16 running the test mode in Dmx and it works but wont control fixtures in dmx

He has a Basic+ license . I believe he is referring to 16 channel AC controllers.

The only way, would be to switch the RS 485 connection between controllers. Way more work to make it work ;) , if at all .