Light-O-Rama Forums

Alternating shows

Frozen Tundra

This will be my second year and first post. Sorry if I am asking a dumb question.

I over bought RGB lights for the sequences I bought last year. I would like to use the extras this year.

My question is. Can I alternate sequences between 68 channels-32 pixels and 100% RGB sequences?

I purchased a N4-G4 MP3 Director.

Thank you

The director does not care how many channels you use (within its limits).

The LOR ID's in each sequence need to be correct for your attached controllers.

On 6/22/2022 at 4:54 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

This will be my second year and first post. Sorry if I am asking a dumb question.

I over bought RGB lights for the sequences I bought last year. I would like to use the extras this year.

My question is. Can I alternate sequences between 68 channels-32 pixels and 100% RGB sequences?

I purchased a N4-G4 MP3 Director.

Thank you

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking to do here.  So I'm going to wager the best guess I can think of.

If you are wanting to say change from one sequence to a different sequence that have more or less channels, yes, you can do that, but remember, the sequence with the higher number of channels must be in the exact channel order and unit ID's as the lower sequence with the new additional channels AFTER the highest Controller ID unit in the lower sequence. 

Example: your 2021 sequence has unit ID #'s 01,02,03,04, but you want to add the new channels, just add the new controller ID's and channels AFTER those controllers and channels from the lower channel count/ID setup, then save the larger channel count sequence.  I would also recommend you EXPORT a new channel config file, then to modify all your older small channel count sequences, just IMPORT the new channel config, and re-save the updated sequence.

But if just updating a couple sequences, this would still be useful, just make sure you make the additional changes on a COPY of the originals you want to update.  Then in the software you use to code your shows to an SD Card you could have Sequence1 {lower channel/Controller count} and Sequence 2 {the larger controller and channel count}, the N4-G4 MP3 Director, depending on how you've set the time{s} to run your show, will alternate between the 2 during the time duration you've set to run your show.

Hope I haven't made this sound too complicated, as doing an alternate of sequences from a lower channel/controller count to a higher or vice-versa is actually quite simple to do using a Director unit.

I do this all the time with mine.

Edited by Orville
Correct incorrectly speeled words and fix typo's.