Light-O-Rama Forums

Chasing RGB

Steven

Is the "Chase" tool supposed to work with colors? I want to chase a RGBY pattern, but the chase tool throws everything away but the red (see pictures).

Before Chase.png

After Chase.png

Only the first row is chased. As you discovered only the color In the first row is chased.

Try doing it the other way around. Put the color blocks in the first four cells of the top row and then chase.

Thanks for the answers. I was actually looking for more of a "bounce" effect, so I had to do it mostly manually, with several chase effects stuck together with copy/paste:
125436115_EaveBounce.png.9b52098c200a4df7b0cb8ebd32954247.png

• 3 weeks later...

Have you looked at the single block, scanner or curtain motion effects? Looks like you have channel mode enabled instead.

3 hours ago, Aubrey said:

Have you looked at the single block, scanner or curtain motion effects? Looks like you have channel mode enabled instead.

Motion effects are not available for these channels. The network is not enhanced and the controller is an old iDMX1000 equivalent (a SanDevices ELOR).

6 hours ago, Steven said:

Motion effects are not available for these channels. The network is not enhanced and the controller is an old iDMX1000 equivalent (a SanDevices ELOR).

In that case, open the dropdown of the Chase tool and uncheck the second option that clears the effects when doing a chase. There will still be a bit if manual work, but it'll go a lot faster than copy/paste!