I WAS BORN IN 91 😁

Child...

34 minutes ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

I WAS BORN IN 91 😁

I have shoes older than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Heck i got a Router that bought at Sears in 1963 .

Dennis, how many miles and how many feet of snow did you walk through to get to school? LOL. Just kidding. I wasn't even thought of yet in 1963 but 9 years later (1972) I was here. 

Eric 1963 I graduated from grade school got the router so I could build a slot at track still have a slotcar track today I'm only 73  

On 6/11/2022 at 6:52 PM, ebrown1972 said:

Dennis, how many miles and how many feet of snow did you walk through to get to school? LOL. Just kidding. I wasn't even thought of yet in 1963 but 9 years later (1972) I was here. 

In 1972 I was entering my first year of SR. High School {10th grade back then}.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:51 PM, PhilMassey said:

I have shoes older than that.

Ha, Ha....so do I! Wingtips I bought back in the late 80s when computer programmers wore suits. I was APPALLED at how much they cost back then. Can't image what they would cost now. I  know I've spent more on new soles than the original cost.

• 1 year later...
On 6/11/2022 at 12:12 PM, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

I WAS BORN IN 91 😁

You dont remember the days before the internet!?   Never had a set of encyclopedias did you?     Anyone who doesnt remember the moon landing is .. 😁     Great memories of the first time I 'saw' a VCR in 1972 and first time I saw MS windows2 in 1988.  It was crazy novel to see a trash can to delete a file. 

I cant remember when I joined,   But we were using S2 which had no pixel support. 

On 6/13/2022 at 7:33 AM, Orville said:

In 1972 I was entering my first year of SR. High School {10th grade back then}.

Orville and I graduated HS the same year.

On 6/11/2022 at 12:17 PM, Dennis Laff said:

Heck i got a Router that bought at Sears in 1963 .

You had me puzzled for a bit. 😁 I got one in 74 (still have it).

I got my first other one in 2000 because Earthlink only had DSL Modems and I already had a 10/100 home (office) network

Hi i guess i didn't explain it the router i bought was for woodworking not computer hardware  LOL

23 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Hi i guess i didn't explain it the router i bought was for woodworking not computer hardware  LOL

Nope. I got it after 3 blinks.  The one that is still working is also a Craftsman with a little orang box of bits.

Router & Bits 😈

9 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

You dont remember the days before the internet!?   Never had a set of encyclopedias did you?     Anyone who doesnt remember the moon landing is .. 😁     Great memories of the first time I 'saw' a VCR in 1972 and first time I saw MS windows2 in 1988.  It was crazy novel to see a trash can to delete a file. 

I cant remember when I joined,   But we were using S2 which had no pixel support. 

I remember DOS too. 

I was NOT impressed when Windows did away with it, as I did a lot of stuff using DOS  and very little in Windows at the time. 

My very first computer had BASIC, 4K Ram, Gray Scale Monitor (no color monitors when I started, although you could get green phospor types, green text/black background) and a lowly, agonizingly slow, and problematic loading, and saving, cassette player/recorder. 

Ahh, the old TRS-80 original Radio Shack Computer, bought it in 1976, had to finance it, which in total cost was around $2,500.00+ for what was a $999.99 computer at the time.😮🫨😯

Now you can get a far superior system for way, way less than what you could get back then.

Oh  yea, let's not forget the 300 baud, manual dial up modems to connect to a BBS (Bulletin Board System), Fido-Net and ANSI graphic online BBS Games.

I ran one for many years, internet came to the public, then not very long after, the BBS's all went extinct.

What "fond" memories!😂🤣😁🥰🤣😅

Edited by Orville