Light-O-Rama Forums

Oldest member

Dennis Laff

2 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Just wondering who has been on the L.O.R forum the longest?

The system Mod might be able to determine that by when they signed up. That assumes that metric was not lost due to forum software changes (migration).

What that date does not tell, is how active a user was after signup.  (another board I use, I know the user died, but the board had no official notice to remove the name (They typically only remove banned users so as to not destroy threading ).

I wasn't involved in setting this board up so I don't know why some people joined in March and April of 2007. However, it would appear that an announcement was made on the other forums around 7/7/2007 as that's when the floodgates seemed to have opened. My join date was lost in one of the migrations, so I don't know when I joined, but I'm sure it was around that same time frame. 

That said ... 2007?? Really? Have we been on this forum that long? 15 years now - and easily 4 years before that on the other forums.

Some of us have been at this *way* too long. :)

Sep. 2011 here my Wife bought me my first controller a CTB08D  she says now she created a Monster

My profile says August 13, 2007, which sounds about right, since that's when I started with LOR: 7 controllers, 104 channels.

So maybe except for Don, it looks like I'm the old man here.  Now move aside you young whipper snappers or I'll hit you with my cane. (candy of course)

I joined the Lor Forum in January 2009. I started my 1st musical show in 2007 but at that time I was using a different controller company. In January 2009 I sold my 3 A.L. controllers & the A.L. Monster Brain <-<<An MP3 Director unit) and went with Light-O-Rama. Lor was a way better price & therefore I was able to jump to 160 AC channels rather than the 48 AC channels I had. So in 2009 I had 160 AC channels.

So this will be year 16 for a musical show.

Well i started with LOR in 2010 joined the forum in 2011 as above , but i have been doing light shows since the around 1988 so who's the old guy

3 hours ago, Godney said:

Well i started with LOR in 2010 joined the forum in 2011 as above , but i have been doing light shows since the around 1988 so who's the old guy

I can go back to 1988 too. 1988 was when I really got into some decorating. However I started back in the mid 70's decorating on my own.

My profile shows June 14, 2011,  but I was actually here in December 2009, after I bought my first LOR Controller {used} that month. First show was 80 channels, 5 CTB16PC units, Halloween 2010.  Now I'm mostly RGB with a select few Blow Molds still using incandescent bulbs and dropped to 1 CTB16PC for those now in 2022 and still have a total of 3 of the Gen1 V2 CTB16 units.

First shows ran off the original DC-MP3 Director for about 4 years {it died just before showtime was to start} and switched to running from a computer {had about 2 hours to figure out how to do that too!}.  So, after using a computer for a few years, started using an N4-G4 MP3 Director to run my shows in 2020 {if I recall that right}, just more convenient and easier for me using the MP3 Director.

Edited by Orville
Mine changed to My, first word in post. Stupid autocorrect had changed it and I didn't catch it before posting.