Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

Flipping or Mirroring a preview in S5


MSB

Recommended Posts

I have a display that we will be duplicating this year. It's basically a mirror image of this preview "blowing" from Right to Left rather than Left to Right. It's a A/C prop and I'd rather not have to redraw the Entire preview. This is the Image file to make it easier to see. I tried making a group and "Spinning" it but it is always looking the same direction. I saw a post from a S2 post from 2011 that said this was on the list to do but not "at the top yet" Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Greg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MSB said:

I have a display that we will be duplicating this year. It's basically a mirror image of this preview "blowing" from Right to Left rather than Left to Right. It's a A/C prop and I'd rather not have to redraw the Entire preview. This is the Image file to make it easier to see. I tried making a group and "Spinning" it but it is always looking the same direction. I saw a post from a S2 post from 2011 that said this was on the list to do but not "at the top yet" Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Greg

  • Select your rows that you want flipped.
  • Select Right Click
  • Select Paste Special
  • Check Bottom Up Flip Vertical
  • Click OK

It works great as I use it all the time.

 

Edited by gsmith37064
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm ok with the channel changes. I want the preview corrected without manually redrawing it again. We are adding a few more features to this part of the display and it would be great to program the display like it actually looks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MSB said:

I'm ok with the channel changes. I want the preview corrected without manually redrawing it again. We are adding a few more features to this part of the display and it would be great to program the display like it actually looks

Copy the prop. Save it with a different name and put start pixel 1 on the opposite side.

Well that would be the case for a pixel prop.

Being AC, you may have to redraw the prop as the only commands you have are copy and paste.  I have never played with AC lights so someone else might have another way.

Edited by gsmith37064
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I understand what you are trying to do, it's easy.  In Preview Editor, take the props and put them into a group.  Then select the group and put your mouse on for example the lower right red square showing the group and left click and hold and move it left.  Keep going left until the group is reversed.  Once completed, you can delete the group.

 

Edited by k6ccc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jimehc said:

that does not work - it rotates 90 - then rotates back

Then you didn't do what I did.  I did it to make sure it worked, so I could describe it.  I don't have any way to do a video capture on this computer.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just tried it and it doesn't work for me either. Here's a video of just the face. I tired using every handle to no avail. I can use the rotate handle an make it flip upside down but not change it to face left from facing right

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HLLqlkkUCI-SGqcgDHr4WoU23erke6Zr/view?usp=sharing

I'm on 5.6.8 Pro

 

Edited by MSB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weird.  I'm on 5.6.8 as well and when I did it again, it is doing what you showed.

BTW, I read your " it rotates 90 - then rotates back " completely different than what you showed.  But I can understand what you mean after seeing your video...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It rotates 90 - left to back - then back jumps from back to front as you continue past 90 - thus rotates back

And since he shared the file - we were able to duplicate the problem on a different PC - thus confirm it...

Most report issues without sharing any files - and want to know how to solve their problem - troubleshooting 101 - is the problem able to be duplicated....

Edited by Jimehc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can only flip a prop where there is a physical starting location. AC props have no starting location since they are only on and off. I mirror my 8 circles by flipping one of my groups of 4 circles so the movements go toward each other if I copy paste in to them. 

The OP will either have to redraw or live with the fact that it is only showing backwards in the preview but will appear as set up in the actual display.

JR

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's really awful. As far as sequencing goes, A/C lights are the easiest to program but in this particular case, very time consuming to draw. Especially since there are many segments that are on shared channels. The props can be rotated, turned upside down, but for the life of me I don't understand why mirroring horizontal or mirroring vertical is not possible in 2022!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The other part to remember is that there is absolutely zero need for that detailed arrangement in the Preview.  I don't know how many channels that is in reality, but as far as the preview is concerned, you could do each of those as nothing more than a row of dots.  As long as you know what that row of dots represents, you are golden.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MSB said:

That's really awful. As far as sequencing goes, A/C lights are the easiest to program but in this particular case, very time consuming to draw. Especially since there are many segments that are on shared channels. The props can be rotated, turned upside down, but for the life of me I don't understand why mirroring horizontal or mirroring vertical is not possible in 2022!

If you have it in S3/S4 have you asked ItsMeBob if his flipper tool will work? If you have it as a Lee of Lff file maybe even an animation perhaps his tool will work and then you can import it in to S5.  

Bobs a great guy and generous with the tools he creates(d).

JR

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...