Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Tree Extension

Mattpar20

New to pixels in my display, actually going into my second year and want to add a pixel tree. 6.5 feet seems short, can you extend the pixel strips? 

Are you talking about the Pixel Tree Kits at the LOR Store?

Note that it comes with a Pixie 8. The tree is 16 strips. Strings have 50 bulbs on them. So if you do the math, the strings are really double the height of the tree.

That said, the 12 volt lights from LOR does come with end connectors, allowing you to connect more than one together. Ribbons are not extendable - String are.

17 minutes ago, Don said:

Are you talking about the Pixel Tree Kits at the LOR Store?

Note that it comes with a Pixie 8. The tree is 16 strips. Strings have 50 bulbs on them. So if you do the math, the strings are really double the height of the tree.

That said, the 12 volt lights from LOR does come with end connectors, allowing you to connect more than one together. Ribbons are not extendable - String are.

I am thinking about purchasing this: https://store.lightorama.com/whpitrkit16s.html but I would like the tree to be taller. 

1) You will need to find a way to mount the tree. The LOR kit only allows for the 6ft 6' setting.

2) You would need to get 8 more strings of lights to do the up and over method they do.

3) If you purchase sequencing from somewhere, make sure you have the ability to modify the sequence, you can change the prop accordingly.

Pixie8 Controller  - 1 3/8 Fence Top Rail - 16 Strings of 50 Pixels  - 225' Pixel Mounting Strip - QuickTree Pixel Tree Topper Mounting - - Your Looking at Building a 16x50 Pixel Tree with 3" Spacing for around $650.00 - $725 w/ 16" Ground Hooks and Ratchet Straps (Guide Wires)

Edited by Jimehc

DO NOT use 1 3/8" Fence Top Rail

FOR YOUR SAFETY

Even my 2.5" Black steel center pipe flexes, it always has. If it was 1 3/8" I am 100% sure the pipe will bend. Mybe not the first year but def not what I would recommend for a tree higher than 12'. Mine are 24' from base to top of star.

JR