ELL Availability?

I noticed the electronic light linkers haven't been available on the store for a little while now. Is there a longer term shortage at work? Any idea if they'll be back for the next sale?

The availability of semiconductors today is nothing like I have ever seen in my entire electrical engineering career.  Many microprocessors are on over a year availability.  The ELL also uses a RF module which might also complicate things.  So I think things will get worse before they get better from what I am being exposed to today at my employer.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, radioguy1007 said:

The availability of semiconductors today is nothing like I have ever seen in my entire electrical engineering career.  Many microprocessors are on over a year availability.  The ELL also uses a RF module which might also complicate things.  So I think things will get worse before they get better from what I am being exposed to today at my employer.

When I worked for Fairchild (Linear) in the late 70's, we grew everything in house. (wafers were 3", 4"). I believe many production lines (wafers) have been farmed out to foundaries and the only stuff left in house is a small 'R&D sample' line  (one line I saw was doing 12" wafers 😮 ). The issue is we have moved so much stuff off shore or centralized, that ANY burp, leads to massive shortages.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems that the Covid-19 shutdowns for practically 2 years has really upended the electronics supply chains for a lot of things.

I can't even get replacement parts for my O Gauge or G Gauge locomotives, either.  Even a simple smoke unit has become difficult, if not impossible, to get now.

All those shutdowns seems to have everything in short supply across the board, including food!

Who knows when any of this will finally get all caught up and back to normal...?

On 5/10/2022 at 6:41 AM, Orville said:

Seems that the Covid-19 shutdowns for practically 2 years has really upended the electronics supply chains for a lot of things.

I can't even get replacement parts for my O Gauge or G Gauge locomotives, either.  Even a simple smoke unit has become difficult, if not impossible, to get now.

All those shutdowns seems to have everything in short supply across the board, including food!

Who knows when any of this will finally get all caught up and back to normal...?

My friend I doubt anything will ever get back to what we used to call or think was normal. Who would have ever thunkin that in our era we would ever be where we are today. Hopefully todays children will have as good of times as we all enjoyed in our years. 

JR

• Like 1