Light-O-Rama Forums

Can the iDMX1000 control my DMX fixtures on a DMX network or does have to run on a LOR network?

Gmitch

I purchased an iDMX1000 and was able to test my DMX fixtures. Now that I am ready to setup my prop definitions I'm not sure how to set everything up. I have 5 DMX fixtures that need a total of 26 channels. Can I use the iDMX1000 to run my fixtures on a DMX network on my N4G4 showtime director, or do I have to run the iDMX1000 on an LOR network?

41 minutes ago, Gmitch said:

I purchased an iDMX1000 and was able to test my DMX fixtures. Now that I am ready to setup my prop definitions I'm not sure how to set everything up. I have 5 DMX fixtures that need a total of 26 channels. Can I use the iDMX1000 to run my fixtures on a DMX network on my N4G4 showtime director, or do I have to run the iDMX1000 on an LOR network?

Just in case you dont have the manual here it is. iDMX1000 User Manual (lightorama.com)

Sorry thats all of the advice I can give you.

JR

The iDMX1000 connects to both an LOR network and a DMX network. It is useless to connect it to just one network. It takes input from the LOR network, translates it to DMX, and puts the output on the DMX network.

Any of the 4 networks on an N4-G4 can be configured as DMX, so you don't even need the iDMX1000. You can plug your DMX devices into one of the N4-G4 networks (with a DMX conversion cable, because the pin-outs are different).

(Although from my experiments from a few years ago, you may get a more consistent shimmer effect by using the iDMX1000. These experiments were with a PC, not an N4-G4, however.)

• This topic was locked and unlocked