Light-O-Rama Forums

Big News.

PhilMassey

We already know the upgrade cost to S6 will be $29.95/9 whatever. However, is LOR going to charge additional for the S6 APP for use on a phone or tablet? Will the APP be secure to prevent someone from hacking into our shows and if so, what do we need to accomplish to insure that?

The write up said the phone app would be activated with your license key, which suggests to me that there would be no additional charge. 

Its all speculation at this point,though, beyond the email, so let's just wait and see.

The phone is not a big target for hackers. They are mostly after bigger fish like servers, government sites and corporate networks. The companies like Amazon, Google etc already have all the access they need to track you and serve you adds. I don't think a

Christmas display app would be much of a target and a company like LOR Is well versed in internet security as they have to protect their website and customers already and seem to have been doing a good job as long as I have been around.

I have been running miip for many years letting phone users vote for songs and nothing untoward has ever happened. Thanks to Bob.

mIIp is great.  Been using it for the last 2 years and everyone loves it,   Even if people don't vote, they have a way to know what is playing,   It seems like the LOR app is more targeted at things like testing, so you could stand in the yard and test effects (although it didn't say much)

37 minutes ago, TexasLights said:

mIIp is great.  Been using it for the last 2 years and everyone loves it,   Even if people don't vote, they have a way to know what is playing,   It seems like the LOR app is more targeted at things like testing, so you could stand in the yard and test effects (although it didn't say much)

I'm hoping they haven't changed the underlying core show player too much so miip will still work but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

In relation to the coming APP, I'm wondering if its going to be possible to use more than one device to remotely control the show? Sort of lets say we use our cell phones for the most part, but then if someone wished to use a laptop to make changes, wonder if it'll be able to login too or disconnect one, then use the other. Obviously this is for the LOR programmers to consider.