Light-O-Rama Forums

Big News.

PhilMassey

Posted on FB from the Megamini in Orlando.

S6 is coming this spring and a companion phone app.

Sounds interesting.......... 

I'm going to expand on this post by providing more information from said Facebook post.

The secret is out! We're releasing S6!

While S5 focused on the Sequencer, S6 will bring a completely new experience to the Show Editor, Schedule Editor, Simple Show Builder, Hub, and Hardware Utility Test Console by combining all of those features (along with some new ones) into the brand new "Control Panel."

And not only will you now be able change or pause your schedule live (and many other things), but you'll be able to do everything from the convenience of your phone (from your house, across town, or away on vacation in another state), with the brand new Light-O-Rama phone app (for Android, iPhone and iPad).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, scodavis said:

but you'll be able to do everything from the convenience of your phone

The Phone App is a New Feature - if you have an Apple Phone.... The rest just seems like a repackage of old applications.... Sure Hope they Fixed (Improved) the HUB....

It is a stated $29.95 upgrade from S5 to S6

Edited by Jimehc

1 minute ago, Jimehc said:

The Phone App is a New Feature - if you have an Apple Phone.... The rest is just a repackage of odd applications.... Sure Hope they Fixed (Improved) the HUB....

It is a stated $29.95 upgrade from S5 to S6

Per the announcement text, it appears that App will be available for Android as well.

Will S6 be backwards compatible with S5? If I create a sequence in S6, can an S5 user load it and run it?

Edited by gsmith37064

We can only guess.  Most likely, it will be one way compatible.  S6 will be able to completely deal with S5 files, but S5 will not be able to process S6 files.  Just my educated guess.

2 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Will S6 be backwards compatible with S5? If I create a sequence in S6, can an S5 user load it and run it?

No changes to S5 Sequences that you will notice.

Exciting stuff.

More to follow.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I assume that to control your show with the app, your show computer needs to be connected to the Internet.

Can you add a new sequence to a show that is already running?

Can you update a sequence in the currently running show and have it pick up the changes?

While the show player compresses/converts/loads a new sequence, will it continue to run the background sequence so the display doesn't go dark for several minutes?

These would be nice features to have, which are not currently in S5.

There is no reason to let the show go dark while it creates playback files and/or compressed files. There is now a Create Playback Files option in the Sequencer File menu, or you can create the files using the Sequence Compressor, so they are all ready to go.

As to the rest of your questions, time will tell.

I will stay with S5 for this years shows!

Already got a lot done and will wait for S6 until next year.

6 hours ago, Steven said:

I assume that to control your show with the app, your show computer needs to be connected to the Internet.

Can you add a new sequence to a show that is already running?

Can you update a sequence in the currently running show and have it pick up the changes?

While the show player compresses/converts/loads a new sequence, will it continue to run the background sequence so the display doesn't go dark for several minutes?

These would be nice features to have, which are not currently in S5.

Yes you must be connected to use the app. Also works with IPad.

I am pretty sure you can add, delete and skip a sequence of you do not want it played.

However, as my great friend Phil states we as the end users will know more as soon as it hits Beta.

I am sure Matt will chime in as soon as he returns and gets settled in back home.

He was answering questions at the FMM ever since the reveal and we have seen some of what can be done.

Patience.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

39 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I will stay with S5 for this years shows!

Already got a lot done and will wait for S6 until next year.

This is one that I will not hesitate to use- even in Beta.

Im not gonna fall behind like I did in S4.

JR

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 11:37 AM, PhilMassey said:

There is no reason to let the show go dark while it creates playback files and/or compressed files. There is now a Create Playback Files option in the Sequencer File menu, or you can create the files using the Sequence Compressor, so they are all ready to go.

I'd like a suggestion for the best way to do that. I don't sequence on the show computer because it is old, with a small screen, and in the cold garage. I copy the sequences between one of the sequencing computers and the show computer using Dropbox.

Copy the sequence file to the show machine then run the sequence compressor on the file before it comes around in the show cycle. Should only take a minute or two.

If you don't want to go out there use a remote desktop app such as Tight VNC to access the show machine.

Another possibility is to try copying the playback files to the show machine after creating them on the sequencing PC. I'm not sure if the show player will think they still needing to be updated though. You would just have to test.

The playback files are deep inside the LorInternal folder. There are three files per sequence. LID, LCS and LMS.

Guess I might have to learn more about networking, I currently don't have my show computer connected to a network. It was just easier this way since I have two tune to signs using Falcon Player and didn't have to worry about messing up my regular home network.  Any one out there a networking guru?  🤪

There are several of us that are pretty good with networking.  I have a dedicated E1.31 network for my about 140 universes of E1.31 traffic.  The show computer has a NIC on that LAN and also one of my "normal" home LANs.  I almost always access the show computer with either TeamViewer of VNC - the show computer is in the data cabinet in the garage.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, k6ccc said:

There are several of us that are pretty good with networking.  I have a dedicated E1.31 network for my about 140 universes of E1.31 traffic.  The show computer has a NIC on that LAN and also one of my "normal" home LANs.  I almost always access the show computer with either TeamViewer of VNC - the show computer is in the data cabinet in the garage.

About half of that was Greek to me, I might hit you up later in spring before busy season. I would want to have a semi working knowledge before show season. 

• 4 weeks later...

If there is a phone app is it reasonable to assume that there is now also some sort of RESTful API that can be used to control S6 Interactive shows? 

I truly hope the API is published.

4 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

Anyway to access I director remotely with S6?

I would assume not.