Light-O-Rama Forums

2022 Spring sale announced

k6ccc

Received an E-Mail that the 2022 Spring Mag Grab Sale has been announced.  Start time is 9:00 PM Eastern time on Friday 8 April.

Time to start planning!

Not Spring Sale!   Its  MAD GRAB SALE!    The MAD GRAB has limited times and limited quantities of items of LOR choosing.      The SPRING sale is a general sale which goes on for a number of days without limits. 

In the past the sale items have been here http://store.lightorama.com/secretsale.html    If prior pattern is followed, the sale items and prices will be there but it will state the sale has not started. 

MadGrabSale.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO
typo

3 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Not Spring Sale!   Its  MAD GRAB SALE!    The MAD GRAB has limited times and limited quantities of items of LOR choosing.      The SPRING sale is a general sale which goes on for a number of days without limits. 

No Bob.  The Spring sale is the mad grab - the Summer sale is the general sale without limits.  The Spring sale is lower prices, but quantities limited.

Hey  Thats right since it is spring!   The mad grab sale announcement does not mention the season anywhere tho.  Two namer. 

Some items have been added.

Are the Pixie 4 and Pixie 8 really the older Gen 1's as shown?

I'm glad to see some of the items appear with the sale pricing.  Have the ELL units been sold out for a long time?

Wow did shipping go up. More than doubled for $400 less stuff than my first order end of last year. Was too afraid to miss out so didn't even notice until my order was completed (not that I wouldn't of bought anyway) :). Will cause me to pump the brakes if I missed something though. I have enough to work with.

Edited by Yodlei

I'm afraid what shipping will look like for me.

I don't know what it is yet as I'm in Canada so no automatic shipping charges, I only got one of the CTB16 kits, so I hope it won't be horrible.

Fingers crossed.

45 minutes ago, canadianchristmas said:

I'm afraid what shipping will look like for me.

I don't know what it is yet as I'm in Canada so no automatic shipping charges, I only got one of the CTB16 kits, so I hope it won't be horrible.

Fingers crossed.

My order last year was TSO pkg with 2 additional 16 AC controllers so a lot of weight involved. This year was 3 Pixie 2s, 2 sets of 100 square pixels, a director & a couple of extensions. Weight-wise, much less. Was $20+ last year & over $60 this year.

I do believe shipping rates have gone up like everything else this year. I've ordered a few things from other places and shipping was high but shipping has always been a little high with LOR.

I ordered 4 ac controllers and shipping was $56.00 to Indiana. But, I sold a couple of used controllers last fall with metal enclosures and I think it was around $40.00 each to send them. The freight companies are getting expensive in my opinion.

Wayne

I'll be a Son of a %#@*^.  I had my computer open ready for the sale last night and I fell asleep. I woke up at 3am and realized what I did but it was too late, my items were sold out. I have to laugh about it, no sense in crying over spilled milk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wayne K said:

I ordered 4 ac controllers and shipping was $56.00 to Indiana. But, I sold a couple of used controllers last fall with metal enclosures and I think it was around $40.00 each to send them. The freight companies are getting expensive in my opinion.

Wayne

'Counter rates' (at the carrier) are at 'List'. Volume-Regular shippers, get a discount (varies by volume and process. Really big shipper put the packages onto the 'proper' trailer for the next stop.) (mass mailer do carrier route sorts.) Less work by the carrier. Those 'Mailboxes' places mark up List or add a service fee. 

A great shipping clerk can save a company $$, by using the best method for the item shipped. eg each box has a '1st pound' fee built in, so strapping some together might...

OTOH there is the Cubic Volume (dimensional) rule(2x2x2 or 30lbs)  that you need to be aware of . Originally for Air freight where bulk but light hurt the carriers capacity.

Stuff did not sell out fast enough for me. On Friday night I was in at 9:00 and got 4 ac controllers. Got up Saturday morning and seen they still had ac controllers still in stock, what the heck, so I ordered another 1. Later Saturday morning I jumped back on and seen spt1 was still in stock, what the heck, I decide to get 2 rolls of spt1 cable. With all of this I sent lor a ticket and asked if they could combine the orders for shipping since I done a couple of spur of the moment secondary purchases. I got 2 refund notices that they combined the 3 orders and refunded me $48.00 for shipping. I don't know if other companies would do this or not. But I sure do appreciate them doing that for me. And my stuff looks like it will be here Monday.

Thank you Light-O-Rama

Wayne

• Like 5

• The topic was locked