Light-O-Rama Forums

Future LOR Hardware Plans

NeilM

You are not daisy chaining a fuse.  You are simply supplying power to the hot side of both banks of fuses from a single cable rather than two cables that each supply power to one bank of fuses.

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

You are not daisy chaining a fuse.  You are simply supplying power to the hot side of both banks of fuses from a single cable rather than two cables that each supply power to one bank of fuses.

Still missing my point and question.  😏   There are two fuses normally one for each male power input.  Is the installed 15 amp fuse in line with male plug end supplying the power, to prevent overloading  when using the jumper.  Specifically, is the fuse  before and in series with the jumper connection. I don't have a schematic and have not had time to go take meter readings (and hope there are no parallel paths to make it hard to get definitive readings).  This is all based if I fail at my math for keeping amps under  limit.

Other option is to experiment,  I might have to go grab two controllers and mod one with the extra female end, and then pull the fuse.  I have already modified my controllers years ago to remove one plug, and use the jumper. 

Thanks for caring to answer, it's very possible we are both missing the point the other is trying to make, 😁

Brain dead (this is not one of my better days - other stuff).  I've been thinking pixel controllers too damn much.  Scratch all of what I said before...

Right out of the CTB16PC manual:

Note that in this arrangement both fuses are in use,
but the right fuse carries the current for both the left
and right banks of channels. The picture on the next
page is just to illustrate the connections for a single
power feed, do not connect the wires or mount the
bracket yet

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 11:46 AM, Jimehc said:
March 12 at 9:00 PM
2022 is the 20th anniversary of Light-O-Rama's incorporation as a company!
To celebrate, we're going to be releasing multiple new products and software features this season.
The first big reveal of the year will be announced and demoed in person at the Florida Mega Mini on Saturday, April 2.

I started seeing this pop up this year and didn't realize how young the company was when I started.  I bought my first equipment and did my first show in 2013.  The plan at the time was to start small and learn, so I planned on 1 controller and basic software.  By the time the lights started in Nov. I was up to 4 controllers (and needing a 5th) and the Advanced version at the time.  It's been a fun ride, esp. with the introduction of Pixels. 

I haven't had a chance to dig into the new stuff yet, but I've heard rumors of being able to control with your phone.  This would be a game changer for me, mostly for my Landscape lighting.  We redid the backyard last summer and put in a Gazebo and water feature and added quite a few lights, many rewired fixtures upgraded to RGB Pixels.  If I'm able to control them with my phone easier than how I'm doing now, that would be awesome.

I only see one issue - most do NOT like to have their show PC connected to the Internet, due to the manner in which Microsoft pushes updates... So the PC would have to be connected to the Internet to enable the Phone App to connect to the PC.. Not an issue for me as I use a N4 Director - my hope is they improve the hub, the processing time and make better use of System memory, rather then just write an App or Control Panel GUI that uses or relies upon existing Exe's

There are quite a few folks who use MIIP which allows guest's to choose the next song from their phones. This does require full time  web access for the show machine. Personally, I have never had a problem with missed shows due to updates and if the internet goes down the default show plays.

• Like 1