Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm adding DMX fixtures to my show this year, but can't figure out how to change the light color

Gmitch

I've learned that DMX fixtures work on intensities. On my moving head, channel 1 changes the color, but I don't know the intensity # for the color I want. In the Lightorama sequencer, do I just pick the color I want in sequencer and just add it on the grid for the color channel, or do I have to find the exact DMX intensity # to make the correct color? Hope this makes sense. Thanks

•  

Basically I think the answer is yes. More detail inbound.....

Is your light an RGB LED or is it a white LED with color Gobo filters.

The intensity will be a value from 1 to 255 in the intensity channel for a white light.

The color gobo wheel if you have one will be used to choose one of seven color filters on it's channel.

If you have an RGB LED, then each color will have an intensity channel from 1 to 255 and you will have to mix your own. There may also be a master overall intensity channel.

There is a lot of trial and error with these lights and I suggest you use the pixel console in HU to determine exactly what value does what in each channel. The manual if you have one will at best give you a clue as to what channels do what.

I have a Large spreadsheet for my fixtures. 

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Basically I think the answer is yes. More detail inbound.....

Is your light an RGB LED or is it a white LED with color Gobo filters.

The intensity will be a value from 1 to 255 in the intensity channel for a white light.

The color gobo wheel if you have one will be used to choose one of seven color filters on it's channel.

If you have an RGB LED, then each color will have an intensity channel from 1 to 255 and you will have to mix your own. There may also be a master overall intensity channel.

There is a lot of trial and error with these lights and I suggest you use the pixel console in HU to determine exactly what value does what in each channel. The manual if you have one will at best give you a clue as to what channels do what.

I have a Large spreadsheet for my fixtures. 

Ok, great suggestion, will do the spreadsheet and mix around with the HU. Thanks!