rtrip9

I want to incorporate  my dmx lights to my show this year,  

my set up

PC windows 10

LOR 5.6.6 PRO software

USB to RJ45 jack

Pixlite 16

60 Watt shehds moving head light 3 pin XLR set to the correct universe

I have them connected to the DMX output on the pixlite 16, I have set up the pixlite16 to the correct universe

I set up a prop with the 11 channels, network set up to the same universe 

I created a quick sequence to get these tested.  but with no luck  nothing i change will move the lights.  any ideas guys on what im missin?

yes the controller is working as it should i tested that with a string of 50 pixels.  I can output just as i do for my show but nothing is happening with this rotating head

dmx light 

You need to tell us exactly how you have the card connected to the computer and how the light is connected to the card, including ant cables you may have bought or made. 

I use a LOR black USB adaptor with a LOR to DMX crossover cable to run eight fixtures. That's about 120 DMX channels.

I finally got the pixlite16 to run test mode on the light. Now I just need to get lor to work correctly. I tried the lor hardware utility using the dmx part. The only time it will do anything in it is if I click on the all color button on the bottom. Each one does something different to the light. 

I can not get the sequencer to do anything as of yet. Even though all it should do is output to the correct universe. 

Btw. I'm not using a card. I'm using a Pixlite16 dmx controller is has 4 independent DMX out puts. These are not including the 16 pixel outputs 

It acts as a e1.31 to dmx bridge on each dmx output

Do you have a list of the channels and what they control. There will be 10 to 15 Channels controlling different effects. For example, Pan is often DMX Chan  001. You will probably have to  set the starting address on the light usually 001 if it's you first fixture.

You will put a DMX value in each channel for the duration of the effect. For example, DMX 90 in Chan 001 might move the pan to 180 degrees.255 is usually 540 degrees. A ramp will do a moving pan.

Some channels will be subdivided. Color might be something like Chan 007, White, 0 to 10. Red, 11 to 20, Green 21 to 10 etc.

Since the manuals are usually a starting point at best, experimenting in the Pixel Console and writing down the values may be the only way to find out all the effects. If the individual sliders don't do any thing with the correct universe set, something is not configured properly. 

I can't speak to the Pixlite connection as I do not use that card. One thing does confuse me though, is what is the USB connection you speak of. Pixlites are Ethernet devices. Skimming the manual, there is talk of a LOR or ESTA wiring selection for the DMX outputs, but I'm just guessing here.

Feel free to PM me if you wish.

I dont have a eathernet port on my pc. I have to use a USB to eathernet dongle to plug in cat5.  It's the same thing as plugging a cable into the cat5 port if I had one. 

I completly understand the channels on the light. But I haven't got the light to respond to lor sequencer yet.  The all on buttons on the control panel will make the light move but the individual sliders do nothing.  Which is strange to me. 

Are these supposed to be standard channels or set up like a pixel. 

But if I use the pixel set up it assigns 3 channels and that's not right. 

And 1 more don't think I could have fit all these in one post with pics. 

The pixlite side

Sorry for low quality I have to shrink the image to get it to fit 

Screenshot_20220214-171027_Gallery.jpg

Everything looks ok but I can't see the Pixlite setup. I don't know the ins and outs of that controller, but as I said earlier there is something in the manual about switching the port between DMX and LOR mode. I am also unsure of the correct setup in Network prefs for an e1.31 to DMX interface 

By the way it is easier to host pictures on a site such as Google drive. The storage on the forums is 1980's small 

23 hours ago, rtrip9 said:

I finally got the pixlite16 to run test mode on the light. Now I just need to get lor to work correctly. I tried the lor hardware utility using the dmx part. The only time it will do anything in it is if I click on the all color button on the bottom. Each one does something different to the light. 

I can not get the sequencer to do anything as of yet. Even though all it should do is output to the correct universe. 

How did you get the HU to discover the pixlite controller? I have been using pixlites. Pixlite controllers are not built in to the program. 

On another note I used to use the VAMC in Tuscaloosa, you are not far away.

JR

I run all my controllers in dmx mode. Not lor. So all lor does it output dmx address to the ip of the controller.  It makes life so much easier. 

And sweet we should meet up and talk lights lol 

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Everything looks ok but I can't see the Pixlite setup. I don't know the ins and outs of that controller, but as I said earlier there is something in the manual about switching the port between DMX and LOR mode. I am also unsure of the correct setup in Network prefs for an e1.31 to DMX interface 

By the way it is easier to host pictures on a site such as Google drive. The storage on the forums is 1980's small 

The e1.31 to dmx is done on the board. It's has 4 e1.31 to dmx bridges. So lor should only send out the data to the dmx universe. I will keep playing with it till I figure it out I always do. Lol