Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobe Channels in S5 preview

MattJ

Hi Folks

I'm starting work on this year's show and it's strobes and floods as additions for me this year. 

I'm running LOR v5.6.8 and was wondering if there was a way to model the "strobe effect" in sequencer previews. (There was a post that mentioned this not being possible back in Nov 2020 but it wasn't explicitly about this... so I'm asking here)

I'm looking at running strands of LED strobes (something like the SuperSpark - Cool White Strobe Light String) from a CTB16. In the sequencer I have the channel "full on" to get the strobes to fire. Obviously in the preview, they just look like lights that are "ON".

Is there any way to tell sequencer that these are strobes so they ... well.... strobe... in the preview?

It's not a big deal but seeing as I'm going to spend 6 weeks looking at the real thing and six months looking at the preview.... I figured I'd ask. 😉

Thanks in advance.

Cheers MattJ

1 hour ago, MattJ said:

Hi Folks

I'm starting work on this year's show and it's strobes and floods as additions for me this year. 

I'm running LOR v5.6.8 and was wondering if there was a way to model the "strobe effect" in sequencer previews. (There was a post that mentioned this not being possible back in Nov 2020 but it wasn't explicitly about this... so I'm asking here)

I'm looking at running strands of LED strobes (something like the SuperSpark - Cool White Strobe Light String) from a CTB16. In the sequencer I have the channel "full on" to get the strobes to fire. Obviously in the preview, they just look like lights that are "ON".

Is there any way to tell sequencer that these are strobes so they ... well.... strobe... in the preview?

It's not a big deal but seeing as I'm going to spend 6 weeks looking at the real thing and six months looking at the preview.... I figured I'd ask. 😉

Thanks in advance.

Cheers MattJ

Absolutely. In the sequencer add a bulb and set to approximately 100 lights or however many you want to set. Under bulb shape pick strobe. When you turn them on then the string will strobe in the sequencer just as in real life.

49 minutes ago, ebrown1972 said:

Absolutely. In the sequencer add a bulb and set to approximately 100 lights or however many you want to set. Under bulb shape pick strobe. When you turn them on then the string will strobe in the sequencer just as in real life.

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for - I just never thought to look for it in Bulb Shape. Perfect. Thanks very much! :)

• Like 1