Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 8 controller

pmcd

Living in Australia our voltage is 240 volts and these boards I belive are US power 110v  so do we supply a 240V coverter to 110 to use them

Edited by pmcd

All the pixie boards and pixel controllers in general are all DC. Typically operating between 5-12v DC.

So really it comes more down to the power supplies you are using. Most power supplies can operate anywhere from 110-240v

All you need to do is check the power supply specifications and see if it supports 240v. If it does then you can just cut and swap the plug for a AU plug or swap the entire incoming mains cord.

Keep in mind though that some power supplies have a switch on them to switch between 110v and 240v. So you may need to flip a switch. If your power supply does have a switch make sure it is set to the correct voltage before powering it up, or you could ruin the power supply.

Assuming you are talking about the ready to run packages from LOR, I believe those all come with 500w meanwell power supplies that need a switch flipped to select the incoming voltage.

Finally if the power supply does not support 240v usage for whatever reason, you may need to swap the power supply for another switching supply.

And as a final note I would recommend that you check out AusChristmasLighting, the Australian Christmas lighting forum. As it may be helpful for you to talk to other Aussies in the hobby, as Australia has a bunch of local suppliers and importers for things like power supplies, props, controllers, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Edited by canadianchristmas
clarification.

• The topic was locked