Light-O-Rama Forums

How to assign ports?

cbelt4

Ok I bought my RGB floods last year to late to put into my show. ( Had to many issues to deal with than to try to incorporate them into the show ) I did however Assigned the box with a unit ID.  ran a RJ45 cable to it just to see if they looked good enough for my planned show for this year 2022. I discovered that when my pixie tree would light up all of the floods came on at the same time. I was told to change the ports to higher than 40.

So the question is. How do I do that? every thing I have read only talks about unit IDs.

BTW I don't do FaceBook.

3 minutes ago, cbelt4 said:

BTW I don't do FaceBook.

Good for you 😃

4 minutes ago, cbelt4 said:

did however Assigned the box with a unit ID.  ran a RJ45 cable to it just to see if they looked good enough for my planned show for this year 2022. I discovered that when my pixie tree would light up all of the floods came on at the same time. I was told to change the ports to higher than 40.

First of all, a terminology issue.  Controllers have Unit IDs, not ports (at least as far as networking is concerned).  Since you have a Pro level software license, you can use any Unit ID from 01 to F0 (controller IDs count in Hexidecimal).As far as the controllers are concerned, it does not matter what Unit IDs you use for any particular controller EXCEPT that you normally do not want to duplicate a Unit ID.  So look at all your other controllers (easiest place to do that is in the Preview Editor), and confirm which Unit IDs are in use.  Assign your new floods to some other number.

Thanks guys I will start to break it down later tonight to see if it thats the issue. I cant figure out why I was told to change the port ID.

Thanks Jim and MR P