Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it just me

Sparky4u

I am by no means stupid or computer illiterate.  I have spent the last 7days watching videos and trying to apply them to programming pixels with 5.6.  My question is would I be better off with S4 because at this point i’m ready to stay with LED lights. Please help.

It's January. Don't give up just yet.
Considering that S5 has been out for years now ... I would strongly recommend going with S5, even if you stay with LED's.

Also a pretty little birdie told me that there is going to be quite a bet of training specifically aimed at people transitioning from S4 to S5 in the early part of this year.  There are quite a few people in that boat right now.

And I agree with Don.  Make the move to S5.  Step one is to get a preview built.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Also a pretty little birdie told me that there is going to be quite a bet of training specifically aimed at people transitioning from S4 to S5 in the early part of this year.  There are quite a few people in that boat right now.

And I agree with Don.  Make the move to S5.  Step one is to get a preview built.

That training has already started during the January zoom room.

JR

I'm with the rest of these guys. stick with S5. It is worth it. It is a far better sequencing version then S4. I was very hesitant to make the move too and there were times when I just wasn't getting it but with the help of all of the great people in these forums I stuck with it and have never looked back. When I first started with S5 I had about Half AC LEDs and half Pixels. Once I created the preview The rest was a cakewalk. The best part of S5 in my opinion is the Grouping feature coupled with Motion effects. just Keep with it and you'll never go back to S4. Be well all.

Kenny

2 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

Once I created the preview The rest was a cakewalk.

That, right there is the key. Most people (me included, so I learned the hard way) transitioning to S5 start by importing their S4 sequences. In S5, you really need to START with the Preview BEFORE importing any S4 sequences. Once your Preview and channel config is the way you want it, the rest is easy. Import the S4 sequences and assign it to the preview. After that, you only need to make changes to the Preview once, and all sequences it is assigned to are automatically updated. 

Stick with it, you'll be glad you did. 

• Like 1

I would agree that the Preview is the key.  I decided to create a brand new preview rather than importing anything from S4.  It took me a couple tries to get it the way I wanted, but in the end it made the conversion process for my individual sequences so much easier.  

I'm just finishing up sequencing the first new music I've added to my show in over 3 years and have done it all in S5.  Yes, it is a little bit of a learning curve but S5 is a better environment.

• Like 1